Wednesday 28 October 2009

SSCS ornament ideas........

With less then a month to go til we have SSCS parcels loaded in Santa's sleigh travelling all around the world I thought I would show you what gave me the idea to include an ornament that can be hung on the christmas tree...............
this is a great ornament I got from one of the ladies in the SSCS last year.......even included the year which is wonderful...........

some more.............bells on the bottom....


hearts..........



this one is a Hatched and Patched pattern slightly modified for Fairy Girl to make...........

these ones also included a bag to stash them in when not needed...........


can't wait to see what you have made for your partner...........I have been emailed one present..............very nice..............
over the last few days I have ordered another blog book ($$$$$ good and 20% off helped) and I was looking back thru posts etc and found pics from both the last swaps................such great memories............so many wonderful gifts............check it out if your stuck for ideas..............
++++++++++++
I think the ornament should be wrapped seperately so that it can be opened and placed on the tree as soon as the parcel arrived.................what do you think????
Take Care..............
Elf Chookyblue...........

25 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good idea. Be nice to have the ornament on the tree to admire before Christmas. hugs, Jeanette

Lynn said...

Maybe a little tag on the ornament that says open before Christmas day - otherwise no peeking! I think we 'talked' last year about how nice it is for some people to have something to open on Christmas Day - so no opening before - right?

Carin said...

Thanks for the ornament ideas, I have my project 3/4 finished but was struggling for an ornament idea.

em's scrapbag said...

Fun ideas. Too bad I finished mine Monday. Will have to save those ideas for next time. Or just make some for me.

limpingalong said...

WOW, you have been busy!
Chooky, since you are so knowledgable about blogging things, can you describe how to set up a slide show on my blog? I did it once but then my slide show disappeared and I have been unable to get it back or to put on a new one. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't decide what. I went to the Houston International Quilt Show a couple of weeks ago and want to share the photos with everyone.

annemariesquilt said...

Thank you for some very sweet ideas but I have found my project and I am very happy. I will send a picture when it is done....
;-))

Kerry said...

That sounds like a nice idea, to tempt the tastebuds of the something nice to come.

Jenny said...

Yep sounds like a great ida o me too

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hmmm been busy working on my SS stuff, but these are quite delectable! Wonderful idea...

Sweet P said...

I like the idea of opening the ornament early. I think we should do that.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Those stitchy ornaments are just fabulous! Great ideas.
bunny hugs,
shell

NoƩmia said...

It's very pretty your new photo in the layout.
Good ideas to work on!:)

Bev C said...

It is beginning to sound a lot like Christmas is coming!!!

Margaret said...

For some reaon not known to me I haven't been getting your posts -- I will have to chck that out to see why ----
However I have just surfed through all your posts that I hae missed and have to say BOY you are good with camera in hand .

Thimbelina said...

I just love the SSCS idea Chooky.....soooo wish i'd found you sooner! Will definately keep an eye out for next years swap!

Deb said...

great ideas chooky.. love them all and yes I love the idea of individual wrapping to each a wonderful surprise..

Jodie said...

Chooky, did you blurb your blog book?
I'd love to know more ....

Thimbleanna said...

Oooohh, such pretty ornaments! Thanks for the inspiration -- I'd love to make some ornaments this year!

Ginger Patches said...

Darling ornaments, I have got to get started on some Christmas stuff soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chookyblue, lovely ornament idea's...looking forward to the swap this year...Warm Regards Lyn

Jenny said...

Great ideas here

Lurline said...

Oh, it's getting exciting already - I love the ornament idea!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Aussie Nanna said...

Hey Elf Chooky
Sorry I cannot join the swap this year....I miss it! Can't wait to see all the pressies after Christmas.
Might be back sewing about that time....fingers crossed!
take care and hope we can catch up soon.....doing any Christmas shopping in the next few weeks??

Carrie P. said...

Such beautiful little ornaments. I am finding it hard to think about Christmas so soon. Enjoy your swap.
Thanks for coming by my blog.

Christine said...

Thanks for the ideas ... some lovely ornaments here.