Monday 19 October 2009

How to get your comments emailed to you............

okay a few people emailed me to ask how do they get there emails sent to their email account.............something I just assume everyone knew..........hence don't take everything for granted - you learn something new everyday...........I don't mind sharing these "how to....blog bits" cause every so often people email me and say they used it and thanks for the help...........pleased to be able to help.........

now back to the task at hand........
go into your blog
dashboard
settings
comments tab
scroll down the bottom
comment notification email (has a box beside it)
write your email address in this box
click on save settings

DONE

[if you don't want all your comments going to your business or private email make an account thru gmail, hotmail etc I know gmail has a little program you download and it will notify you each time you get a new email if you stay logged into your account..........it is pretty handy to keep blog emails and other personal emails seperate - makes life easier for me anyway]

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........
PS I found a lovely new blog.........welcome Thimbelina a very new blogger........and she has a great recipe for Plaited Pesto Bread........

PSS if you want pics (love pics in each post) head here............we are doing a weekly challenge set by the hard task master lovelyLeanne...........she has seriously challenged us this week on reflection........if you want to play along on your own blog let me know so I can come see - the weekly challenges are on the sidebar of snappy friends...........

7 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, I'm so glad you told us about that. I'be been trying to figure out how people answer me and it shows my comments on it. This is great. I'm going to go do a test right now. Thanks.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I did my test. Got my e-mail, but it did not have my comment or who sent the comment or the e-mail address to return a comment to them (which naturally would be me since I sent it, still.... Do you know how people do this?

Cheryl said...

Thanks Donna!!! Set it up and it already is working. I can't believe I have gone all this time and didn't know this trick..what a time saver it will be!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you once again for you tech support!!!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Well now I would like to know how to put you photo all the way across the header and........... how do you put you signature on the bottom like yours?????????
Thank you tech teacher.

Mystica said...

Tks for the tutorial! I just followed it and it was so easy.
Much appreciated.

Mystica

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, my gosh, dear Chookyblue, once again you have given me info I needed to make my blogging a better journey. I have always wondered how some people keep up with their comments and how was it that the comment appeared in the reply they sent me whenever I would leave a comment. Silly me, I never asked anyone. Then I came over to visit your blog because I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do that for a couple of months. I was just strolling your blog and saw the comment e-mail thing. Fantastic!! Also, Thimbelina has a lovely blog so thanks for the tip. Have a great day! You made mine better, for sure!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hi Chookyblue,
Thankyou so much for this post!!! I couldn't figure out how to do the email/blog thing and Janet from Quiltsalot sent me your way.