Sunday 4 May 2014

"chook lit".........

"Chook lit" or rural/romance genre............this article I found describes it better..........I love this genre of books anyway and haven't read any books for ages...........the Australian market for it is booming......
Crimson Dawn by Fleur McDonald
well I should not have started this book because when I did I could not put it down.........I loved the story.............was quick and easy to read...........I missed meeting her in her book tour by one day..........I could not stay and meet her which was a bit disappointing......Fleur blogs too you can find her here.....
when i first started reading her blog I didn't realise she was an author.......
She has published 4 books previously so I may have to hunt them down to read.....has anyone read any of her other books
%%%%%
Fleur does occassional posts about others in the same genre too and the other day she posted about Therese Creed and her new book "Charlotte's Creek" so when i found it out shopping I picked it up.........This is Therese 2nd book......hopefully back soon with a report on that............it's on the reading list for next week..........I am not starting today as once I do get into the book I can't put it down..............
Have you read any rural chick lit/chook lit lately???? I love Rachel Treasures books too........have some of those on Audio from the library......

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

8 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love reading too, especially books you can't put down! (Not good for the sewing though LOL!). I haven't read Fleur but I have read Rachael. Try Nicole Alexander Chooky...she did a library tour as well. She writes so 'real'! Happy Reading!

jude's page said...

I love to read, and can't put a book down until I've finished also, so have not picked one up for ages, must do it soon, too many things to do, sew, or read, or garden, life will never be boring.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

I'm catching up on my blogging tonight so as I said, I will comment about everything in one comment.
Love all your pics that have kept us up-to-date :)
Glad you added the book/author you were talking about too. Will have to check it out :)

Pinnylea Creations said...

I haven't heard of either author but love reading and am looking for something new so I'll check them out...

Susie said...

Thanks Chooky - will check this out for my bookclub.

Bev C said...

Hello Donna,

Have read several of these type books by Aussie authors, one from Tassie the other two ladies come from WEst Australia, Esperance and Goomalling.
I love the fact that they really are based on different parts of Australia and use names of companies in the towns.

Happy reading.
Bev.

Jenny said...

the best types of books are those that others have recommended so I'll be checking this one out. Hope you are well Chooky

kiwikid said...

Oh Chooky!!! I saw this book you have read and went to find one and didn't get much sewing done for the weekend!! Read Blue Skies and Purple Roads! Loved them, could not put them down, was a very sad and tired puppy Sunday morning!!! But couldn't stop reading!