Thursday 1 July 2021

plan "f" update.....

so "plan f".......turned out to be as Gail put it "fabric fun"....I did a fair bit of damage to the bank account while away but I did have fun........and Fairy Girl got a layer cake also to play with........
but before we get to that some random bits......
Bridget kept running around this trailer the other day when I wanted to put her outside of the yard she was in.........in the end she just kept jumping in and out of this trailer.....if only I needed her to do that she would not have done it........
driving around the countryside is starting to look so vibrant with the new crops starting to fill in......
its such a vibrant green...........its raining again so these crops are getting a great start........maybe starting to get a bit too wet in some places but they will go great.........hopefully drowning more mice homes.........18mls so far and its looking very set in and still raining........
now you will have to go with the pics I took the other day that aren't so good......but I forgot to take the pics yesterday and now its pouring outside............
I split the layer cake into two piles..........the quilts look so different now..........I got some extra of the big print to put in the corners........
now to decide if they are getting any borders or just staying as they are and getting quilted.....
the lady only had 4 fabrics in yardage left so I was lucky to get what I got.....
how cool is this fabric......the range is "Later Alligator"......there are lady bugs and birds, fish, frogs and butterflies............
so while my week away has changed completely I still had a great time with my girl........OMG she has 2 patchwork shops within about 10 mins so lucky I had not found that out before...........
but I must say it was nice to just pop to the shop and get what I needed when I realised I needed something else...........I had plans to see family and friends but decided to bunker down just incase covid popped up in her area but so far it hasn't..........we just hung out at her flat and I sewed while she worked on her laptop and we went for some drives along the coast.......
Yesterday with the rain and cold weather forecast we needed to go cut some more fire wood......we are lucky to have an unlimited supply of firewood..........

As for Covid19........
I am fine where I am........we are not in lockdown like millions of Australian's are until at least this Friday.........as I type 3 capital cities are in lockdown until tomorrow Friday 2nd July - Perth, Darwin, Brisbane.........Sydney and surrounds are in lockdown until next Friday 9th July at this stage.....living in NSW I have to wear a mask at all times indoors and this is the first time I have had to wear a mask regularly........I went to the Dr's once and had to wear one.....so i'm very lucky.....now I am 1/2 vaccinated also thankfully........
Pleased I have the remainder of this week off not that I could have gotten in given the rain at present....which would write the road off for tomorrow now given it its still raining.........

ZOOM ZOOM..............
Also don't forget zoom sewing this Sat (Friday USA/Can)......see details here......
Stay safe....
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.......


12 comments:

kiwikid said...

Feast or famine at your place isn't it. Good the rain is coming though as the crops are getting growing. Not so good on the roads. The quilts with the layer cake look wonderful, the corner fabric is perfect. Great you are enjoying time with your Girl. Sheeps are contrary aren't they!? But fun to watch. See you Saturday.

jude's page said...

Great quilts, and yes, if you wanted Bridget to go in the trailer she prob wouldn't go in.
Great to see the green in the paddocks. This covid makes plans all a bit tricky doesn't it? Put me on the list for Zoom, hope I can check in at some stage on Saturday.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely tops Chooky, nice idea for layer cakes.
Yes! Zoom, I will make it. So happy we can chat again.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Maria said...

Silly Bridget !
Paddocks are looking great….
Your layered cake has made two fabulous quilt tops…
Had my 2nd COVID jab this morning as the criteria for AZ has changed from 12 weeks apart to only four… now done and dusted yeh! 👍
See you sometime Saturday….😀

Lin said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous! So pleased that you are getting lots of rain, must be lovely to see green fields again. xx

Janice said...

Bridget makes me laugh. Funny sheep. Have fun finishing your cute quilts. It sounds the perfect weekend for a Zoom get together.

loulee said...

Wow, great having not one but two shops so close. You'll be sending her shopping lists. LOL
Yay! for rain, hope it drowns a few moer mice.
See you Saturday.

Denice Barker said...

Oh, would love to zoom but we will be gone this weekend (yay!!) Stay safe!!

Fiona said...

the paddocks do look great... fun quilts you have done.... lovely and cheerful.... Sounds like a worthwhile trip with the Fairy...

Hugz

Narelle said...

Lovely to have Mother Daughter time xx

dq said...

The little alligator with the jump rope fabric - so adorable! It looks like a super fun layer cake project. I like the way you photographed the quilt.

Jenny said...

The place is looking really good. I'm glad you had a a great visit with your girl. I've been wanting to come out but not game to move with this co-vid at the moment