Sunday 4 July 2021

zoom project update.....

wow what a day.............it sure was a zoom sewing marathon and 15 1/2 hrs later I poured myself into bed exhausted but so happy.........I really don't think I can go any longer then that as I start to get too sleepy by 9.30pm......
Lou in NZ gets the long stayer award she did the whole zoom with me........Annette AUS popped in about 1/2 hr later and spent the rest of the day with us also...........
there was 29 opps 30 of us in yesterday..........only Maureen, Annette(2) and Helen aren't on the sidebar as they don't blog but they are Scrub Stitchin' girls..........
At one stage we had a record 20 on at the same time..........it was great..........
girls popped in and out all days........some in several times.........some for a long time some only short..........but given we are in numerous time zones its whatever works for each person........
Welcome Randy, Anorina and Lianne who were all new.......now added to the left sidebar.........I do hope you all join us again next time.............
I was working on my zoom sewing project Blue Lanterns..........the photo above was August last year............as you can see below I had been working on the top side parts getting them added in.........
yesterday I attached the big section on the bottom half of the quilt..........
This is what I had done up until yesterday then the big section got joined on...........then I had a bit of a hole so I joined 5 blocks and below you can see I got them sewn in and had a cream hole and started to add that in but I gave up as my shoulders were getting sore from all the maneuvering of the quilt.....and it's getting heavier and more cumbersome to move around..........
I am so happy with the progress inbetween all the talking..........sewing for so long you can really see the progress that you make.......
I had so many cuppas as it was a bit cool to start the day...........this mug is from Scrub Stitchin' this year........
Prior to the weekend we had some great rain...........just under 2 inchs.......45mm......
I went down to the creek to see how high it was and had someone or 2 stalking me......Bridget and Casper the poddies.......It was nice to not have to worry about driving to town with the rain as I had the week off work.........back to reality tomorrow...........
This is one of my favourite trees in the creek.........I would love to know how old it is...........
Have a great week girls..........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.........


18 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It was an awesome Zoom, so glad I could participate for a few hours. I got a good start on my miniature quilt. Looks like you made great progress on your quilt! Thanks again for hosting, and lets do another one next month!

loulee said...

An awesome day, as always. You made great progress.
I need to prepare another project for next time as I finished mine.

Jeanette said...

Awesome day. Look forward to the next one. :) You made great progress on lanterns & it's looking fabulous. Hugs, xx

Janice said...

It was a fun day on Saturday. I love the way your quilt is coming together. It will be a lovely reminder of all our Zoom parties.

kiwikid said...

Wow 15 and a half hours, you did so well Chooky. You are making fantastic progress in lanterns, it looks wonderful. Thank you again for organising

Susie said...

Looks like loads of fun. Great progress on that gorgeous quilt.

Lin said...

Looks like you were very productive as well as having lots of chat and fun. Your lanterns top is looking great. xx

simplestitches said...

looks like you all had a wonderful time zoom sewing, unfortunately I had to go out all day so didn't get to even turn on the computer...
your lantern quilt its looking great!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Was a great Zoom...they are the best days...can really see your progress on Blue Lanterns, it is looking fabulous...Love that tree, can see why it is one of your favourites...funny Bridget and Caspar, how dare you try to escape without them!

Susan said...

It was such a fun time - and you are doing so well with Blue Lanterns

Janet O. said...

You and Lou were relentless, and look how much you have accomplished on your Blue Lanterns! Impressive!
It was exciting to see so many on at one time, and to meet so many new faces.
That is such a cute photo of your stalkers, and I do love that tree in the creek.

Maria said...

What a long marathon you and Lou did….. even though I was only with you a short time I enjoyed catching up…
The Lanterns are getting close to the end…
Love the stalkers…..

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I heard about your party from Carole!

Cheryll said...

Hopefully I'll be around for the next one too...
WoW 15 hours...well done...
The "lanterns" are looking fantastic too...xox

Ondrea said...

I absolutely love your blue lantern quilt! Great that so many gals joined in Zoom. Youi achieved a lot.

cityquilter grace said...

love it immensely chooky! you can add me to the zoom list too..hope to join in next time..

Jenny said...

Blue lanterns are looking great. It will be finished soon

dq said...

Blue lantern Zoom project is really growing. It is super beautiful!
THat tree in the water is pretty neat.