Saturday 14 August 2021

Lucy update......

As I said I would add a Lucy update here it is...........
I think she has enjoyed getting a breath of fresh air and I know I have enjoyed working on her again............she been a journey thru lots of good and bad times........so in some ways what will I do when she does get finished............don't worry that won't happen this week.........and we need to end in a good time and that isn't now so it might take some time..........
Its been so long I forgot what I was up too......maybe a few years since she has been alive.........
I have some blocks that don't have background added so got a few of those ready.........
These are the background blocks and I have 2 full ones to make like above and several edge ones to finish.......if I have the blocks like this and the one above I just keep joining blocks............no other pieces need to be fitted in...........
So here she is before we went away..........(which seems like a million years ago)
See the big section on the bottom right..........While away I got that together and a few blocks needed some work to get them to the joining stage so very happy with the progress.........I have since added a block to the bottom left of that unit and located what block goes in the gap up the side......so once I sew it in I will attach this unit to the main quilt............then I will be well over 1/2 way............on the home straight some might say but there is another 2 rows to add on and i'm still not decided on the final size until I get more together and lay Lucy on a bed.............
Is this some motivation for you Lou@Manxgirl Living and Crafting Downunder 
Mind you i'm so far behind she may have her quilt done she's such a busy girl......but she may have been lead astray by the squirrel once again and off on another project........
Apologies for not replying to my last post.......thanks for the advice........life has been a little challenging and now we are in lockdown........I may actually be working from home.........who knows...i'm on a few days leave........I was supposed to work from home last year and it lasted 8 days.........but the numbers are not great......worse again today regionally so I doubt we will get to come out of lockdown next week.........
Take care and stay safe..........
Chookyblue.....

13 comments:

Janice said...

It’s great to see Lucy out and about again. She is so pretty. Let’s hope COVID numbers settle down and you don’t have to work from home.

Terry said...

That's beautiful! :0)

Nancy said...

Just gorgeous! I would never have the patience to make a quilt like this but I so admire the effect of the carefully cut fabrics to create blocks that remind me of kaleidoscopes.

Karen's Korner said...

Looking gorgeous. Uncertain times for us all...hang in there and say safe.

Lin said...

Your Lucy is looking amazing, I love her and could almost be tempted! But No, swift slap of hand. Stay safe. xx

ButterZ said...

Enjoy stitching more of your Lucy in lockdown.

loulee said...

LOL Very motivating. I have to get some things finished, so I can work on Lucy. LOL Or maybe I'll pull her out if we have a zoom meeting....
Yours is looking great. You have made good progress. You might get lots more done during lock down. Stay safe my friend.

Maria said...

I love “Lucy” …. Your blocks all look great and I’ve often been tempted to start one….
Scary time so stay safe and well.

Jenny said...

look after yourself and Lucy is looking really good

kiwikid said...

You have made wonderful progress with Lucy, she looks great! Stay safe up there, two more weeks plus a curfew for Melbourne. I am very happy to be a regional person.

Susan said...

It’s looking great.
Lockdowns can be challenging…I personally am happy working from home…..but when you interact with a lot of different people it’s a lot harder.

Ondrea said...

Your Lucy is looking so beautiful. Keep safe.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, Lucy is looking amazing! Stay safe - we will get through this xx