Saturday 1 January 2022

a different view online.....

 Hi girls I found this on Teodo's blog Appunti Patch 
here is the blog post...........
please look at this video in the post...........actually I enjoyed reading the whole post (google translate)

Why do I talk about zoom so much in the last year or two......now it's become my regular sewing group...........and I know it's the only group some of the other girls get to also........
its a mixed collective of bloggers that not only choose to connect via our blogs but by also connecting online in zoom also...........
if you have never done it its not scary..........its inspiring and so much fun.....I enjoy getting to know the girls better.....most I have followed for many many years............I have also added a few new bloggers and getting to know them also.........
When I saw Teodos post I imagined all of us there on the screen...........the details are wonderful....please do make sure you look at the video........its not long but you see more of the details up close.......
This pic is from my trip the Northern Territory mid way thru 2021. Lost City, Abner Ranges, Cape Crawford. Towering sky scrappers formed 1.4 billion years ago...... 
I feel a little like its us looking at the pic..........all individually standing on our own in our own space looking pretty cool but together we are amazing............
It was a quick opportunity helicopter ride and I so want to go back again and have time to drop down to the ground and walk around and really admire the sheer size of these things..........
This waterfall and water hole does not do it justice from the ground it looks very big..........and such a beautiful spot to rest awhile...........I did love seeing it from another angle..........

Well today brings the first day of 2022.......Covid numbers are doubling very fast here in Australia.......rules keep changing and getting tested is very difficult and taking a long time for most to get there results...........RAT tests are now approved but goodluck trying to buy some...........
See you tomorrow..........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.......

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely post on Teodo's blog, i quite enjoyed reading it. Beautiful photo's you have of Lost City & the water hole. Hugs, xx

Jackie said...

What awesome photos. Going to check out the video now.

God bless.

Sharm said...

OMG that video is amazing!!! Soooo much detail and wow, Def worth watching!!! Happy New Year to you as well............ looking forward to a productive, happy and wonderful 22!!!

jude's page said...

Lovely photos Chooky, must be awesome to actually be there. Happy New Year and catch you tomorrow.

Christine M said...

Great photos, Chooky. Thanks for the link. It was a very interesting read. Happy New Year! See you tomorrow. xx

Janet O. said...

Teodo's blog post and video are incredible!! And so is the landscape you have shared with us here.
So looking forward to the Zoom!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Oh my goodness that quilt and video was amazing. What talented people are out there in the world. What a blessing. And you, such an adventurer. I would be scared to death to go up in a helicopter. But what beautiful picture you took. A very interesting landscape.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Thank you Chooky, I will join the zoom meeting. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2022 to you and your family.

Maria said...

Enjoyed enjoyed reading and seeing the video on Teodo blog. Fantastic!
We’ve never visited The Lost City, Abney Ranges but have been to the Bungle Bungles a few times and they’re similar…
See you morrow.

Hanne said...

It is great how we can keep up sewing with others even in this special time of staying in our own homes.
Wishing you a great 2022!

Carole said...

Happy New Year! Gorgeous! I can see myself right there basking in its history and beauty. Thank you for sharing. Love your zoom gatherings. It's wonderful to me with like minded quilters from around the globe. Thank your for hosting these gatherings. See you soon!

Jindi's Cottage said...

The "zoom quilt" is amazing...and so relatable to us who zoom along with you...best. group. ever!!! :) WOW, those formations, I have never heard of that place before, the sense of place comes through in the photo, like you it is like the formations are looking back...

Denice Barker said...

What an inspiration that quilt is and a much more creative way to mark this past year. I think you have risen to the top by organizing our zooms and opening our worlds.

dq said...

OH wow!! What a find - that quilt of the zoom party. I couldn't find an easy click to translate like I usually do, but the photo was amazing!! Thanks for sharing the link.

The rock formations are amazing. They remind me a little bit of a place we call Goblin Valley in Utah, although, there is no green around ours. God is a magnificent sculptor! You truly must visit it on the ground some time.

Jenny said...

Nature never ceases to amaze me. Great photos. Hope hes doing well up there.