Sunday 27 February 2022

zoom massacre end.......

Yes a dramatic blog title.......I will explain below.........what a wonderful day on zoom........
We rounded up 28 girls popping in and out from 7 countries.........
Eventually Lucy came out and played.........Chris and Lou were also working on Lucy
This morning I needed a massive clean of the Chookshed see below..........but I was looking at my table and wondering what does your space looks like........
computer screen, laptop, coffee, soda water, champagne glass, sewing gear and bin, treats, phone cord....notepad and bit of the project scattered around..........but everything in close reach......
Lucy still is in lots of pieces....she's scattered right around me when I look at this pic......
Love seeing everyone's progress during the day......all encouraging each other.......
***
Later in the night I went to turn the air con off and realised I had been invaded by earwigs......100's and 1000's i'm sure.....they were crawling everywhere up towards the aircon end of the Chookshed........
So out came the spray and drowned them and me and zoom finished.........:(
Now the problem this morning is cleaning up the massacre.......look in the pic close...........1/2 the shed floor looked like this......the other 1/2 not as bad.......had to go get the big vacumn to tackle this job.....
then cleaning the floor and room led to cleaning one set of sliding doors (thanks Denice where are you??????) I could not look at them any more after the window cleaning discussion in zoom........
But lets move onto Lucy's progress............above the section was only partly joined maybe 3-4 edges.......below I got that on and the filler in the right corner........
I have 4 on the left joined together prior to today which was a nice surprise as I had forgotten about it......just adding two fillers and it can get joined.......but I started working on joining the 4 on the right side........she's growing.......
******
As this post got disrupted during writing I have now cleaned (inside and out) all but the long window........That's two sets of sliding doors and a set of windows that big and then another more normal size window.........
*********
Now I have been asked by a few people about joining zoom............do you need a blog???? 
Well as we can only see each other through our blogs that is how we have all connected.........
given the chatter yesterday we have been blogging for a long time........
hundreds of years if I added up just who was on yesterday.........
we had a lot of discussion about when we started blogging yesterday......
yes I do have a few friends who don't have blogs join but I know who they are and they have joined me on retreats and been in contact over a longer period of time..........
You can always start a blog.........it's very easy......one of the girls who wanted to join has been working on her new blog........
I don't do "the dark side" aka facebook and your very welcome to start your own zoom group but I do like to keep up with what you are doing between zoom sessions and that is by reading your blog and interactions thru comments......I hope you understand......
We've all been making new friends thru zoom/blogs as not everyone knew each's blogs......
Happy Sunday........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue......

30 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for having me yesterday, it was fun! Pesky little bug(ger)s.....we haven't had as many little bug(ger)s squeezing through our window screens this summer because it hasn't been too hot. Lucy is growing up to be a gorgeous girl!

loulee said...

It was another great blogging zoom session. Thank you Chooky for all that you do for us.
EW!! No wonder you got the bug spray out.
Your Lucy is looking amazing.. I spread all of my blocks out on the floor today. Had a massive wobble, took 2/3 of them away. Then saw sense and another blue version on Pinterest and put them back.
Love you Chooky.

Janet O. said...

It was a delightful time visiting and sewing, Chooky--even if Swooze and I had to listen to you all (NOT y'all) unload your frustrations with Americans' misspellings. LOL
Oh, I don't like earwigs. The sight of your floor makes my skin crawl!
Look at Lucy!! Wow--gorgeous!! Almost--ALMOST, mind you__makes me want to do more EPP. ;)

Sandi said...

OMG, bugs and lots of them - and at an inconvenient time too... I guess that is why they call them pests.. Your Lucy is looking fantastic, looks like you will be finished, maybe, this year...??
Anyhow, catcha round...xxx

Karen's Korner said...

Another great day yesterday. Lucy is certainly coming together beautifully. What a nightmare to clean up.

Ondrea said...

I wonder what attracted so many earwigs?? Hope you ventilated the area after spraying so you don't keel over. Lucy is gorgeous and not far from the finish line. It was a lovely ( but too brief..thanks to hubby returning early lol ) zoom meeting yesterday. Thanks again for organising Zoom. Hope you are earwig free now.

jude's page said...

lots of earwigs there! Oh the joys of country living,we used to get brown beetles which were not fun. Sorry to miss your party 😒😒

Christine B said...

So enjoyed seeing the faces and chatting to the bloggers I have followed for some years. Thank you Chooky. I am looking forward to the next time. Please don't send those earwigs in my direction!! Hugs Christine xx

Lin said...

Sounds like a great time - apart from the end! Ugh. xx

Maria said...

Looks like another fabulous Zoom met. Shame I could only pop in and say Hi…
Lucy’s look gorgeous not so those earwigs….

Denice Barker said...

Oh, my on the earwigs. And I would GLADLY come clean your windows. There is just the little matter of winning the lottery.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks again for a fun Zoom sew day, loved all the discussions. You got a lot done, and I did manage to focus long enough to complete a small project before I had to run. So great to see bloggers from all over the world at one time!

Carole said...

So sorry I missed the zoom meet. I was in Albany wedding dress shopping with my daughter. Hoping I can make the next one. Thank so much for hosting these meet. They are what I call creative therapy. Speaking of blog, I need to post! February has flown by. Lucy looks great. Cheers!

Katie said...

Sigh. I missed again. Hoping life is going to settle down soon. Hugs!

Gail said...

Love Lucy! Hate the bugs! Clean windows don't last but they sure are pretty when you've just finished. The Zooms are always amazing-I think the last two years have made us hungry for human contact and someone to talk to. Zooming helps so thanks!

cityquilter grace said...

lucy's looking fantastic! wish i could have stayed on longer to see it...

PAM said...

With all the conversations on comments on your blogs on Saturday I hope you get this.
It was great to join your zoom party on Saturday and see the faces of all the 'blogs' I have read for years, your included.
It was so nice to sit and sew with like minded ladies and chat instead of sitting by myself in my sewing room.
Thanks for all the organizing you do Chooky to make it happen, would love to join in next time.

Jeanette said...

A lovely zoom day for sure. Your Lucy is looking wonderful. Hugs, xx

Sharm - Country Fragrance said...

I had good intentions when I saw your email finally come up during our road trek and we were on the final day, having cut it shorter ..... but by the time we got home and unpacked the car we were both totally exhausted and its taken me a couple of days to get over not having much sleep at the motels and the long car ride in pouring rain through the ranges! Hope to catch the next one!

kiwikid said...

Thank you for organising the zoom on Saturday Chooky, was very enjoyable even if I couldn't stay long! Lucy is looking amazing, you are on the home stretch now! Yuck to the earwigs, must be a good year for them, hope they all stay away now!

ButterZ said...

I had a great time popping in and out through the day. It was busy. Good to see everyone’s progress on Lucy and all others projects.

simplestitches said...

sorry I missed another one!
wow...your Lucy is looking fantastic!
ewwww earwigs, totally gross creatures!

Janice said...

Saturday was loads of fun. The best sort of stitching group, having your own area already set up and whatever project you want already to hand. My, that's a lot of earwigs. It's a bit like my spilled tomato relish - just the push you need to do a big clean up. I can't get over the size of Lucy now. She is looking fantastic.

Rose Marie said...

Oh my, I could have just imagined your reaction when you saw all those bugs. Lucy has jumped to almost being finished? Thank you for hosting zoom again. It was fun.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I got goosebumps reading about your earwigs. We used to be bothered with them when I was a child. Lucy is looking great.

Jenny said...

I love the zooms to catch up with the other bloggers. You are doing great with Lucy and such a shame about all the bugs.

Cheryll said...

Sorry I missed the "party" again... perhaps next time I'll be home.
OOhh nice work on the sewing of Lucy and I'll keep out of your way when you are armed with insect spray... :)

Christine M said...

Thanks for organising another fun stitching day on Saturday. I'm loving joining in. Hopefully news got out to other earwigs not to come to the Chook Shed or else! Lucy is looking fabulous. xx

Jackie said...

Wow, is Lucy ever coming along. Hope to join you again soon.

God bless.

dq said...

Lucy is so stunning!!!