Sunday 7 August 2022

foggy start......

It was a glorious start to the day with some fog in the distance that thankfully didn't come in to us.........
Made for a lovely photo not long after starting zoom with the Chookshed Stitchers........
you can see the foggy cloud between the silos.......
oh the glow.......
thankfully it wasn't too cold a morning so I went to the Chookshed for zoom this time........
while it was only to be a shorter zoom Mr Chooky needed some rescuing in his broken down ute so I left the room open while I did that and as I was frustrated with the interruption I stayed on longer...........
I reverse stitched some churn dash prep that I wasn't happy with then moved onto the dreaded corners of the binding I was not happy with.........much better now........
I got both these quilts finished........the yellow bind was only 1/2 done when I picked it up........
Rose Marie I finally got these finished so that's 2 finishes and I could have 3  for this month......
I had hoped to have them finished in July but didn't quite get there......
it was a smaller group but a great group none the less......
we were all busy doing something.........
this shows the quilting well in the afternoon light when I took these pics..........
This pink is a flannel and it's a babies quilt............i need to take pics now.........
inspired by my finishes and knowing my self set goal 
"I cannot get anything quilted until all binding is up to date" 
I attached the binding to the last quilt........last month I realised I had not done this I thought I had done this previously but must have only got the binding made...........anyway its attached now and with the decision to zoom again Saturday evening it is 3 parts sewn down so should be finished soon............
once this one is done that will be 14 quilts opps 15 quilts finished this year..............some have been a long time in the making.........but so good to be caught up..........I think I have 4 to show you.........that include the one I made for my new bubba.........I just realised I have not shared that yet either...............
&&&&&&
Email - my last post........I realise many of you follow my blog already...........there are lots of readers who are not bloggers and I have had several requests this year alone so decided I will just do the list myself.........
I appreciate all my readers who follow my blog..........however you do that.......
on your sidebar, following, feedly, bloglovin, saved links you open - what ever means THANKYOU

Ok best go lots to do for a Sunday............
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue..........


18 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, you are really moving through those quilts.

God bless.

Janet O. said...

That is a lovely foggy morning shot.
You are a machine with all these bindings! I'm so impressed.
It was a fun Zoom--on the small side, for sure. I saw the invite to the one later in the day, just as I was going to bed. I was just too tired. Couldn't do it. ;)

jude's page said...

A good feeling to get all those quilts to the finish stage. Now you'll be able to get some more done. Good to catch you briefly on zoom.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the bindings! Sorry I couldn't make yesterday, it was a mucked-up day....in the end I just sat down with a book and called it quits.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

15 quilts finished is an outstanding achievement. It was lovely to catch up for a little while on zoom yesterday. After I logged out, I started to feel worse and after doing another RAT later in the day, got those dreaded two lines. A week at home for me!

Lin said...

Always lovely to chat and sew, makes the boring jobs go quicker. Looking forward to seeing your lateset finishes. xx

loulee said...

It was a good zoom session.
You are powering through your binding. How many pieces do you have that need quilting?

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You are getting lots of quilt finishes this year, well done! Love the soft colors of the baby flannel xx

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wonderful progress on your binding, great job! Sorry to have missed the Zoom.

kiwikid said...

Great foggy morning photo Chooky. Well done on all your finishes, you are powering through the quilts.

Janice said...

That’s an incredible tally for the year. Go you! I had hoped to join in with Zoom in the evening, but no internet……again.

Susan Smith said...

Well done with the bindings & maybe I should try this Zoom thing one day. I'm also on a mission to finish some "older" stuff & am making a bit of headway. Can't believe I've only just found your blog, even though we met way back in 2016. Take care & hugs.

Rose Marie said...

You are doing very well in the quilts finished count! Bravo to you and doesn't it feel good to have them done, eh!

cityquilter grace said...

nice to see photos of someplace that's cold...LOL...fantastic finishes chooky...rolling along in grand style..

Ondrea said...

Well done ! It always feels good to complete something. Sorry I couldn't Zoom. Hope you had fun.


Diane-crewe said...

You may have been interrupted, but my goodness you are getting through that pile of quilts x Well bone x

Marika said...

wow Cockyblue.15 quilts you made this year. my respect, one more beautiful than the other that I have seen so far. I am free for the next zoom meeting. a nice time
Kreative regards Marika

Jenny said...

Always sorry i miss a zoom but i had to visit my grandchildren. The quits look great and good job with all those finishes.