Wednesday 24 August 2022

little red tractor.......

After a check in with the Dr I'm having the rest of the week off......I have plenty of leave so i'll rest some more and slowly keep increasing my activity......As it takes not a lot of effort I am trying to catch up on some quilt posts........some will be very boring no fun photo shoots.....but I have a few that I could easily get a photo of from the deck..........
Today its about Fairy Girl......Fairy Girl made a quilt this winter.............
it needed to have a tractor on it and it had to be red...........
Out came the grid paper and I helped Fairy Girl to grid up the tractor and work out block sizes etc.........
This is what I was binding as I got sick with covid........it kept me nice and warm.......it was hard work stitching being so thick.........
The quilt was made with my left over flannel fabrics from one of the first quilts I made way back when............its typical of Fairy Girl with bits joined here and there to make things fit......
the rounds just kept growing.........its got soft beautiful pale blue minky on the back......its a big heavy quilt........just what she wanted..........you can see the quilting so well in this photo.........
Quilt Details
Designed by Fairy Girl
Made by Fairy Girl
Fabrics various flannel scraps/leftovers
Started and finished winter 2022
Size 83x91in
just a reminder life is precious...... This birdy didn't make the distance.....
Appreciate what you have.....
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.........

25 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the quilt, the tractor is very cute. The quilting on it is lovely.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done to Fairy girl and of course mum without saying.

Janet O. said...

It looks like a very warm and cuddly creation. Kudos to Fairy Girl.
Hey, I met the guy who quilted that! LOL
I appreciate your closing thought.

Fiona said...

It's great you have another week off to recouperate.... and I love the quilt.. well done to the Fairy Girl...
Hugz

ButterZ said...

Nice big quilt and I love how it’s quilted. Simple but effective.
Rest as long as it takes…

Lynda said...

Such a great tractor! I love the look of the quilt. Hope you start to feel much better soon.

Annelein said...

What a unique design.

It make me think of the farmers here. A lot of them have to stop farming due to gov plans. We will no longer be able, as a country, to provide the food we need and will become depending on other country. Never thought that a gov would do that.

Enjoy this week. Hope you will get your rest... and some quilting ;).

Lin said...

What a great Fairy Girl finish - I love it and its a proper scrap quilt. Great tractor and the quilting is perfect. I love it! xx

Susan Smith said...

Love the tractor quilt & well done to Fairy Girl. Shame about the bird egg & lfe is so precious. Take care, get well and hugs.

Janice said...

It looks nice and snug. You need to add “Binding by Chookyblue”.

cityquilter grace said...

glad you have the time to fully recuperate...cute tractor quilt!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fairy Girl did well! Hope you are back to your old self soon.

Jennifer said...

Love the red tractor - well done Fairy Girl and to you!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well--every one need a beautiful quilt with a red tractor on it--great work you too--
yes--do take it slow--even if you feel good--you don't want any 'long' term stuff from this illness--
thinking of you--hugs, di

loulee said...

Love it. Great work Fairy girl and lovely Mum for doing the binding for her.

Robin said...

What a darling quilt. I love the texture of the quilting. I sure wish it was cool enough weather around here to warrant a nice heavy quilt like this is. Lovely job. Hope your starting to feel better.

Jackie said...

Gorgeous quilt. I love the tractor.

Hope you feel better very soon.

God bless.

Susan said...

a bit sad for the bird - though I am sure its a common sight there

FG did a wonderful job - and I do love the quilting - it will certainly keep her warm.
and helped to reduce your stash . ..well maybe a bit

Maria said...

That looks like a warm cosy quilt Fairy Girl made.
Great quilting…..
Often see shells like that. Nasty Currawongs raid the nests.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful quilt and the quilting is yummy!

kiwikid said...

Fairy Girl did good, it is a lovely quilt.
Take all the time you need to get better.

marina said...

love the tractor quilt and the quilting is fantastic.
It's better to take the extra time and recover properly. Hope you get your energy back .

Helen said...

A wonderful quilt.... the tractor looks great....

Christine B said...

What a beautiful quilt and the quilting is fabulous. Hope you continue to feel better. Hugs Christine xx

ShinyNewThing said...

Sorry you're not well!