Sunday 11 September 2022

Lucy got some fresh air......

After doing nothing for the first 1.5hrs I finally dug Lucy out.............
It's time she got some fresh air having not worked on her since Feb (the last pics I found)
I worked on the bottom right corner pieces...........
I think we had about 26 people pop thru during the day........some popping in and out several times..........I only took this pic........always great to see everyone and have a chat.........
chatter about the Queen was a definite topic........so sad but so pleased she died as Queen.........
So the four Lucy blocks in the bottom corner got bits added to them then added to the quilt.........she is coming together.........then this also needs to happen on the bottom left corner..........and adding a few bits around the edges that are missing........
these trees are in mass flower............no idea what the name is........but they are out in the paddock and there is a thick patch near the front gate so easy to enjoy..........
The country side is pretty with flowers in lots of places..........wild rape growing here.......looked so pretty with the rain clouds forming..........
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue......

20 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lucy is looking good. Pretty flower on the tree

Janet O. said...

I didn't remember to take any photos while I was on. At least you got one.
Lucy is looking pretty spiffy!
What interesting flowering on those trees.
Love the looming clouds over that expansive horizon.

Jennifer said...

Sorry I couldn't make it, zoom is always fun.....love your pretty flower, I wonder if it's a Grevillea?

loulee said...

It was a good zoom. Your Lucy is making progress.
You can get an app for your phone called plantNet, it will identify your trees.

Maria said...

Was lovely to have joined in for Zoom foe awhile.
Lacy’s looking great… oh I was tempted when there was a sign up for BOM for Lucy. But I stayed strong.
There’s lots of lovely natives blooming ..

jude's page said...

Glad you had a good zoom and progress on Lucy. I was thinking Grevillia re the flower, but not real sure. The country side is looking good up your way, as it is here too.

Lin said...

Nice to pop in if only for a short while - thank you. And good to chat to a few people, had hoped to pop back but sadly not to happen. Lucy is looking lovely. xx

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I missed you by a couple of hours, it was late when we got back to our room from the banquet dinner. Catch you next time!

Christine B said...

Thanks for the zoom Chooky, sorry I couldn't stay very long. Love how Lucy is taking shape! Christine xx

Chris said...

I got 4 1/2 hours stitching done on my Lucy. Thanks for hosting.

Susan Smith said...

Definitely a Grevillea & our native birds love them. I tried so hard to get on board around 3pm, but had no luck, so will have to find a clever tech person to help me. Love your Lucy quilt. Take care & hugs.

Jackie said...

Lucy is moving right along. Looking lovely as well.

Everything is so green, here we are into the browns and golds of autumn.

God bless.

The Sloan Patch said...

Looking good Chooky, not long now…

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- your Lucy Boston is coming along great! Looks like you had a great time with all your zoomers!!!

Janice said...

It’s great to see Lucy progressing and was fun to pop in on Saturday. The flowers are lovely.

Tazzie said...

Your Lucy Boston is just gorgeous, I love the fabric choices you've made. And how fun to see so many people on your Zoom call. One of these days I'd love to join in, but tbh I find it a little scary as I've never done it before and don't really know how to zoom!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

kiwikid said...

Great progress on Lucy, the flower looks like a grevilia, maybe. Lovely view of the paddocks.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the zoom it's always fun. Lucy is coming along well too.

Ondrea said...

Lucy is coming along nicely. Thanks for hosting the Zoom day again.

KaHolly said...

Lucy is so beautiful! I haven’t worked on mine for a few years. You’ve inspired me to dig it out and get to work. Your country is so beautiful so different than here. I enjoy all your pictures.