Sunday 25 September 2022

a find.....

Last zoom I was trying to work out the range Fairy Girl used in a quilt........
After some discussion I ended up using Google lens.....Who even knew what it was but it helped me find some similar fabric and that lead me to the range in the end....... But it's older than I thought so a quick Google didn't find any yardage for a border.....Kate Spain "Horizon"........ Susan @ Susan's Sewing Space then offers her services of a group she is part of or something like that anyway long story short a lady in Sydney had a piece the size I needed...... Quite frankly I would have nearly taken any of the fabrics but she happened to have some of the green.........Now to find the correct "white" I used to make a border then add this one.........
other then washing and office work I've been whipper snipping the weeds to tame them...... Having been sick and all the rain they got away.......I few times I went to poison then it's been too windy..... Anyway it's looking much tidier........Everything is better when the lawn is neat...........and even better when the weeds are tamed..........
So I still have some to go as my battery ran out...... OMG I love my battery whipper snipper......I could never start the old one with the pull cord....... Push two buttons and she is humming away....... And goes for a good length of time......I just have too much to do at present.......but normally the battery would last the whole time.......Once it's flat i've had enough too......
Once the battery died I moved onto mowing........ The house yard part done I moved onto the outer yard...... It's more like a small paddock...... Mr Chooky took over and finished that then finished inside....... Next I'll do the areas outside the garden fence but that will be tomorrow....... Or Tues early...... Before it rains again anyway........ I'll mow inside before the rain again as we fertalised and with the nice days it's going gang busters........
And exciting news of the weekend...... Chris (Canada) and Kylie a friend are also coming to Scrub Stitchin'....... OMG it's going to be so much fun......
It's going to be a full house but so much fun........
 Only 199 sleeps......
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.....

23 comments:

jude's page said...

Exciting news for sure, it will be here before you know it!

Susan said...

Glad I could help you with that - facebook isn't all bad!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sounds like such fun! Those flowers in your post are gorgeous!

Chris said...

I am packing my bags right now!!!!

Christine B said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! Hugs Christine xx

loulee said...

Exciting news. Really, you're counting down already? LOL

Jennifer said...

That was a stroke of luck! 199 sleeps will be gone before you know it.....

cityquilter grace said...

chris too??? how terrific for her!

Susan Smith said...

Busy, busy, busy..........We've started the mowing again too after such a wet winter & I also love my battery operated mower as I couldn't pull the start either, so with a mower each, I do the front & DH does the back, which are nothing the size of yours. How exciting to have your friends come & visit all the way from Canada. I suggested my blogpal Sandra, also from Canada come & visit in February as she's not fond of their harsh cold winter then. Don't work too hard, take care & hugs.

ButterZ said...

Good news all around.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've been a busy lady! Glad you found the fabric you were searching for to finish your quilt. Yay for another attendee to scrub stitching. You girls are all going to have so much fun.

Lin said...

Great detective work - glad you found the fabric you needed. xx

Maria said...

So good to have blogging friends to help out and source the fabric….
I hear when it comes to mowing, so much rain here and then sunshine so things just grow…
Great to have two more international ladies join in SS.

Diane-crewe said...

ALL projects look so good when they come together be it gardening with the help of tools or quilts with the help of friends x

Janice said...

It’s a challenge to get mowing done between rain lately. It’s so exciting that Chris is coming over too.

Jackie said...

Hubby loves his battery-operated whipper as well. He even purchased an extra battery so he can finish the yard in one go.

God bless.

Raewyn said...

Great that you found more fabric for Fairy Girl's quilt. Sounds like you were extra busy with all the yard work! So exciting about Scrub Stitching. Soooo looking forward to it!

kiwikid said...

Great you found the needed fabric. You sound super busy around the place there. That is a beautiful flower and wonderful news about Chris.

Ondrea said...

Great find. You are a very busy gal. Hope you find time to stitch.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well that worked out! So glad you were able to find it. I've seen some great churn dash quilts coming along. I sure hope I can get in on the next sew-a-long. Can't wait to t=catch up with everyone in a future Zoom gathering!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

So glad ou were able to find what you needed. I have seen lots of great churn dash quilts coming along. Sure hope I can get in on the next one. Hope to be able to catch up on Zoom soon!!

Jenny said...

wow you have been busy , have to say my weeds are the same. That's great about Chris and friend . How many OS now?

Flickenstichlerin said...

The excitement is getting bigger and bigger. Can't believe we will all meet and stitch together.