Saturday 24 September 2022

Contrasts.......

Yesterday afternoon I went to the creek again..........
It was like a mirror almost..........gorgeous.........
Some of you long time followers have commented on the change here..........It sure is worlds away from the 3 years of drought (probably 10 years with little breaks) preceding these 3 years of La Nina.........I do appreciate that you noticed the changes......thankyou.....
I found this post here back in March 19.......
And looking at 19 and the start of 20 (beginning of the drought breaking) I didn't blog much at all............
Its more now I am realising the effects the prolonged drought had on me.......
Physical and mental scars.......
****
Good news is I got a quilt top finished yesterday..........Except I found a fade line on the border......hmmm what to do now........It may stay as is......I'll look in better light today.........
Have a great weekend..........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue......

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous pics....are you in any danger from floods?

Jeanette said...

Lovely photo's of your land.

Chris said...

I started reading your blog during the drought. it fascinated me how you were watering the animals. Then you started posting about Scrub Stitching. I have been a follower ever since. I still have quite a few Churn Dash bocks to make but next week when I have time.

loulee said...

Beautiful images Chooky.

Lin said...

Wow! That first picture is a stunner! xx

Maria said...

I remember how hard it was for you during the drought.
Such a big difference now in this post.

Susan Smith said...

That first photo is absolutely beautiful & although I'm a short term follower, I do remember different years of drought over my 70+ years & understand the consequences it can have on us, our families, farming & towns. Another La Nina.......wondering how that is going to affect the east coast states? Great you got in some stitching time. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, take care & hugs.

Ondrea said...

Those photos are beautiful despite hard times.

Christine B said...

Glad you got a quilt finished. The differences between now and the drought are quite incredible. Hope you don't have too much water now! Christine xx

jude's page said...

Yes I remember your drought posts and so pleased to see the countryside now. Beautiful photos. Farming is not for the faint hearted, and certainly takes a toll.

Janice said...

Beautiful reflections. It’s amazing how the landscape can change

Raewyn said...

It is amazing how much rain you are getting compared to how much you got previously. I can well imagine the scars the drought would have caused. So pleased you are having a change of scenery and that scenery is green - even if it's a little soggy at times.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful reflections photo Chooky, the countryside is so different now from the first time I came to SS.

dutchcomfort said...

Beautiful photos!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

oh gosh how I remember your drought years. I was in tears and I didn't even know you! so much devastation. worried about all the animals and your well being. So good to see water in the creek! Sure have missed everyone this summer. hope you are on the mend after the nasty Covid. I have my surgical follow up appointment tomorrow and I am so excited to meet with the neurologist on the 11th to get an update on what comes next. can't wait to get back in the sewing room!!

Jenny said...

It's amazing how the country has changed. I worry about all my farmer friends and family and how they cope during times of hardship I just hope they can get all these beautiful crops off now. Hope you are feeling much better