Sunday 28 January 2024

feeding the soul........

I made the long weekend extra long and took Thursday off also...........
Friday was a public holiday for Australia Day..........
As it was going to a true summers day in my part of the world aka stinking hot I decided I wanted to zoom.........and make it a big day...........
Here we are at some stage during the day.......some of the girls holding up there Scrub Stitchin' bags or January Chookshed Challenge project...........
I started at 6am and finished at 8.30pm
32 wonderful people popped in and out all day.........The most we had on at once was 18 people........we also welcomed a couple of new girls............Maggie and Tazzie.......on the sidebar........Tilly I hope you can get on again next time with things working right.........
My baby Willy Wagtails that I have been following left the nest early in the morning on Thursday and this is how I found them Friday morning...........they still are not flying much but I am thrilled to say they survived the heat of the Thursday Friday 42-43 (108-110F)......I saw them all this morning.......they just grow so fast........they will be flitting around the garden in no time..........
19 blocks completed for "They all add up" so that means the 36 required blocks were done.........
I laid it out on the design wall and was at a stand still when most of you left trying to decide what to do in the rows..............but when we were down to 4 -5 people Jindi's Cottage asked what was going on (before as she was listening but busy away from the camera)
at this point I had thrown all options down and given up but as I started to explain it again and show some options I came up with another option that we had not discussed earlier and it works and I started sewing it again...........and no it does not require me to unpick 18 blocks..........thanks to whoever suggested that..........LOL.......the top is well over 1/2 together now..........
I then moved onto the Moda Love mini quilt..............some bits are missing..........I did a bit more on this on Saturday also.........
Sunset at the end of Australia Day............I do get some lovely sunsets...........
Yesterday my friend Sue came down to sew.........we had a couple more coming but due to family emergencies they had to cancel last minute.......
We had another visitor that was not welcome in side but cool to see just less then a metre away thru the window.............my resident Blue Tongue lizard...........he only scares me occasionally.........he lives in the garden...........he's harmless.......sadly I didn't capture him with his blue tongue poking out..........
anyway after 2 wonderful days of sewing my soul feels replenished...........
Last night was cool enough to sleep without the air con which was lovely............and what a stunning start to the day............
hope you have all refueled your soul with something good this weekend......
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue.......

19 comments:

Annelein said...

What a nice sewing and zoom day you had. Congratulations to the holiday... good to make it special. And happy for you your block got done. Love the fabric you use... Big hug from the Netherlands.. ;)...

loulee said...

It was a great sewing day, so glad you got a second one in too.
Lovely to see some of the wildlife at your place.

Lin said...

Good to be able to join in again, if somewhat briefly! Thank you. However, a sunny day in January is too good to miss...
Glad it was such a good, rejuvenating weekend for you and yes, you do get some stunning sunsets and rises! xx

Jennifer said...

Good looking bluey! Sorry I didn't make it, we were caught up with music stuff.

Tilly said...

Beautiful blocks, love the colors, hope to see
you next time.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It was so lovely to catch up with you and the all of the gang. You achieved so much on zoom day! What a stunning picture of the sunrise.

Hopefully this week brings a little bit of cooler weather. Have a good one!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a lovely day, sounds like you got a lot of sewing done. Your sunset photos are beautiful.

Jenny said...

Sewing and zooming certainly makes for a fun day.

dq said...

I am glad you didn't give up on ideas for all those blocks you finished during Zoom. It sounds like Jindi's Cottage was a help.

I plan on making some mini Moda Love blocks for my Australia Trip quilt. It was fun to see you working on one as well.

dq said...

By the way, that looks like a sizeable lizard. Ours definitely are smaller and less colorful.

Jeanette said...

Wonderful Zoom day. Love the photo's from around your place.

Janice said...

It was such a fun day. Thanks for inviting us along. You were very productive and I look forward to seeing the quilt top all by sorted. Nice to see the Willy Wagtail babies.

Narelle said...

Lovely progress, sorry I missed it.
My little willy wagtails left their nest Thursday also. I've seen them about still being fed by parents.

Jo said...

Thanks for a great zoom day. Always good to chat. Nice blue tongue. I had one as a pet when I was a kid.

Denice Barker said...

Yes, thanks for zooming and keeping us in touch. I am grateful even if I don't stay on for 14 hours!

Susan said...

It was a great Zooming day. Glad you sorted the blocks! Eager to see it all together.

Lianne makes stuff said...

It was good to join youo on zoom as usual, but it was soooo hot. At least your wildlife visitor has legs.....

Janet O. said...

I was so glad I got to pop in a couple of times on Australia Day! I have missed the couple of previous opportunities, and my soul needed it, too! :)
Glad to see the little birdies are hanging in there.
Now I am curious to see what you ended up deciding to do for your quilt blocks.
Oh, that is a great Moda Love mini.
I would like seeing the lizard through a window. I think the blue tongues are cool looking.
Gorgeous sunrise!!

Jenny said...

Love to zoom with everyone and you were so productive . Those little willy wag tails are so cute .