Sunday 7 January 2024

Chop chop......

 I know I should be working on no 6 for the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge butttttttt........ 

I didn't know where it was but I did find it today so that was good........ It's now on the sewing table..........

I was in a sewing/cutting mood so I went with it.......

I needed more black & white stripe so I started cross cutting some stripes down........

It was an hour before anyone popped in so I had the music blaring singing away while preparing fabrics and cutting..........

I had a right royal mess most of the time...........


While it was a slow start we had about 16 pop thru the virtual door today.......

All kinds of projects and lots of inspiration..........

just what I needed.........

Chapel Street is what I felt like working on...........
I fussy cut these birds....cute hey.....Chapel Street is making progress........ 
Hundreds more of these needed.......


We've had some great sunrises............plenty of colour........even better in real life............
Bridget the other morning when I went for a walk.............
OK gotta run......well walk...........sheep work is calling - should not take too long but oh sheep!!!!!!!!
This week we could get some desperately needed rain....cross your fingers and toes for me please.........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue........

21 comments:

Susan Smith said...

I'm determined to join you one day, but I'm hoping to get my challenge list together & join in with that. Wish I had the power to send some rain as we are in for a soaking this afternoon, which most of Victoria will receive & we've already had a good amount for January. Weather has been so strange......hot & humid after a mild start to summer. Can you let me know via ordinary email when the scrub stitching retreat is on please. Thanks, take care & hugs.

Jeanette said...

I was going to pop on but i ended up with my grandson so my plans for the day had to change. :) Hope you get the rain.

Susan said...

Would have been good to work on Chapel Street....
Gorgeous sunsets (I think) - If we get rain I will happily send it to you - we have had enough for a while.

cityquilter grace said...

i had been busy all day long, PT, shopping, afternoon with church ladies...i was pooped! loving those fabrics...i'm working with kaffes as well...not an ugly in the bunch! add you to prayer list for rain...we are getting a monsoon here today...

Jennifer said...

Sorry I didn't get back after lunch, got caught up doing Stuff....yes, rain would be a good start to the year.

Sharm said...

Was great to have the catch up and a big Thankyou for prodding me along to learn how to make my birds!!!! I had a great education session 💜

loulee said...

Was great to zoom with you, even if it was for just a short time.
Mess usually means progress, so that is good.

Maria said...

My cutting table is always a mess , maybe if we stick to one project. Like that will ever happen.
Enjoyed our short catch up…
Great sunsets..
hi Bridget 👋
RAIN! What’s that?

Lin said...

Nice progress on your No 6 - love the stripe. xx

Narelle said...

I can't find a moment to myself at the right times just yet ... happy sewing.

Janice said...

It was nice to join in on an unexpected Zoom day. You were very productive. Remember, we can swap our numbers around if we wish. It make sense to keep going when you are on a roll. Fingers crossed for that rain. It looks like you may be getting a bit at least. Tomorrow is the day for us, so they say.

Denice Barker said...

I am sorry I have a hard time getting on with the unexpected zooms. Most time I don't even see they are going!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like you had fun and got some progress made on the Chapel Street project.

kiwikid said...

Nice to see the ladies on zoom - good to work on the project you feel like doing. Beautiful sunrises - hello Bridget!!

Carole said...

Happy New Year! So sorry I've missed the zoom meet. It was crazy last year with aging parents, full time school & work. I'm using this time to recharge for next semester. Bridgit is lovely. I love sheep! lol Cheers!

Janet O. said...

Wish I'd been able to Zoom, but it wasn't to be for me this last go round.
I love imagining you sewing with the music loud, you singing right along. Could you demonstrate that next Zoom? ;)
Very pretty fabrics in your blocks, but even prettier sunrise photos.
Bridget makes a great model. Calendar girl, maybe?

Christine M said...

It was lovely stitching along with you all. Those birds in your block look great. xx

Jenny said...

Hello lovely I’m testing again please reply if you get it

Jenny said...

Looks very dry still. Love the colourful quilt

cityquilter grace said...

gotta try those onion tarts...they look delish!

dq said...

Those blocks are so cute! Sometimes it is best to do what we are in the mood to do.