Tuesday 23 July 2024

enjoying the moments.......

Well the last week's been pretty chilly as they predicted....... Love getting a dose of winter....... Need to feel all the seasons..........
It was crispy in the Chookshed when I heeded out Sunday morning....... The room was 7 deg C so I turned the air con on and headed back inside to get ready to zoom.........
The first light glow above the silos as I was getting started on zoom....... How pretty is that....... Trying to stop and find the special moments in life..... Sometimes we are just too busy to stop and take the moment to pause......

Stop look and tell me what you find when you really look ....... 

I worked on binding a quilt ....   Sorry I forgot to take any pics....... Thankyou to those who joined....... We had a nice catch up as usual.........
this was my lawn in Saturday arvo....... It has hardly had a frost on it and it's late July......... It did get some yesterday but really it hasn't been very frosty this winter at all so far...... Mr Chooky mowed this patch........ It looked so good, so then on Sunday I mowed heaps until..........the wheel feel off......... Oops
Yep it really feel off....... Need to wait to get some parts at the shop a few hours away......... But I did get some of the outer wilds tamed........
All the natural things flowering were only in yellow........
but all different and very pretty.......I have a few more but I'll try get better photos.......
Checking out some of the teenagers........ They are doing well........
And Lambie wanted to know what was happening and came up to me and wanted a pat........ She's getting older now but she still lives with the cows.........
Hope you had a good weekend what did you get up to?????
Catch you later..... 
Chookyblue......

13 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so killed the lawn mower eh? lovely photos....cute lambie...hoping you can get back to your lawn soon....laundry not done yet here...lol

Jennifer said...

We had our coldest morning of the year yesterday, and today isn't much warmer...looking forward to the promised rain later in the week. Lambie is growing large, some nice chops there......lol

Jeanette said...

Sorry to miss Zoom. I had number 2 grandson visiting so not a lot of sewing going on with me. He had me playing Mario Monopoly with him & that was a lot of fun. Bice to see Lambie.

Susan Smith said...

Been very cold here too in Gippsland with a good amount of rain, bitterly cold winds & basically very little sunshine. Oh, what a cute photo of Lambie. Take care & hugs.

Chris said...

We went to a farmer picnic to see a new barn. Then had a celebration dinner at an all you can eat Chinese buffet for our daughter's birthday then an over night at her house and time with the boys. Took the 11 year old with us since everyone else was away somewhere. No stitching here for the week. And I think we are finally done all the latest construction and landscaping. Pictures soon. Love the silo silhouette.

Janice said...

Great photos. I also got some early morning and late arvo sky photos, very similar to yours. You’ll have to get Mr Chooky to play mechanic with the mower.

Frederika said...

Special to read it's cold there. Here we er in the middle of summer. Love the flowers on your pictures

Lin said...

Always good to just stop and look. Our garden is just full of colour at the moment and it is nice just sit and focus on one area. xx

Jeanna said...

Beautiful photos of your property. Zoom crafting with friends is a great way to keep in touch. I baked on Friday and participated in Wendy's FNSI, ran errands on Saturday and did some stitching on Sunday. Oh, and enjoyed seeing the new growth on my hydrangeas after the rain. I guess I also slowed and took a look around :) Have a great week!

Susan said...

a broken mower....not good - but not as bad as a broken sewing machine!

It's the same old same old here - lotsa sewing happening...and a tad chilly

ButterZ said...

Oh the lawn looks lovely. So fresh. Sorry about the Mower. And sorry to miss zoom but SURPRISE I wasn’t up in time. Maybe next time

Maria said...

Like Jo I wasn’t up in time again for zoom sadly.
Oh no ! Not good when your wheel 🛞 falls off but guess you can then go I. And sew.

Jenny said...

Looking good out there!