Holly and I have been friends for years............we met thru blogging............
Slight challenge though Holly lives in Canada............
then one time when Holly was out visiting family in Australia we met up in real life............
way back in 2015...........19 blog girls met for lunch in Brisbane.....it was a great day............
Anyway back to this trip - Holly was out again to see family......Holly said she would come visit me one time when she came to Australia..........I told her she had to some stay.........I mean I am not in the easiest location to visit.......We ended up having Holly and her husband stay for 4 nights..........
I had a few different ideas of things to do but as that was at the end of me being sick and Holly was a little tired we just hung around home and I took them to the emu farm............
We stitched together of an evening.........
stitched in the Chookshed one day...........forgot to take a photo............
I started this new EPP...........
Holly worked on her cross stitch...........
We enjoyed sunset drinks and nibbles on the dam bank............
It was a bit fresh..............
Watched the sunset.............

Found a plover sitting on a nest..............This photo was taken with the car door open protecting me if the plover attacked....hence the dodgy angle.........see the spurs on the wings............I love plovers and had heard they have spurs on their wings and know they are very protective..........but wow those spurs...........she had a couple of eggs under her.............
More daisies.............
The emu farm had hatched some babies timed for the school holidays.............they are so cute...............they lose the stripes about 3mths of age................
I love emus they are just so different..................
Gail knows all about those beaks...............

The males sit on the nest.....they also raise the young.......it is mating season so the females are laying eggs...........the owners go out each morning and collect the eggs early.............
they have let them sit on one nest above............near the gate for the tourists to see.............
there are 4 males on this nest at present............once they sit they don't get off the nest until they hatch..............no food or water..............
this old on at the front they nicknamed Trump with the orange hair...........its just happened.......no idea why..................

They are very docile while on the nest............the owner pulled this one up to show us the eggs under them.......I don't recommend you try this in the wild..........these emus are used to human interaction......they will take the eggs out just before they are due to hatch and pop into the incubator as the females will kill the babies...............the males raise the babies...........
Holly holding a baby emu...............you have to be careful they don't poop on you......woops.........Me and Holly...........
Was so lovely to have holly and her husband to visit...........
We had such a lovely easy time together............
Can't wait til you come again........
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue.........














No comments:
Post a Comment