Saturday 13 May 2023

A whole lotta love......

 This year i decided that Moda Love would be a great quilt to do together...........

Some of the girls joined in.............

Maureen made a mistake on cutting so hers ended up a little smaller then the mini............she hand quilted it and bound it while on retreat..........its so cute........
Janice @ Jannimary found a variation of the 3 sizes.........love it.........Denyse Schmidt Quilts fabrics
Pat made hers in purples and it looks great...........
Raewyn and Susan made the same size quilt but its amazing the changes in look you can get by placement on fabric........
Raewyn used the Charm pack she got from Scrub Stitchin' 2019.........
then Raewyn added some borders to hers...........
Lynda made the charm size also..........love the range..........
Jo made a mini I am thinking but it could be a little bigger............it matches her dress perfectly............lol
Another variation on the setting...........pretty cool.........
Lianne made a layer cake quilt............not sure of the range but its a pretty one also..........
Jenny's mini is set for Christmas...........
and surprise shock horror to those who had left early or straight after breakfast I started a mini on Sunday morning.............
Yep I was really sewing............
I made some more progress when Gail was still here but as the Chookshed is OUT OF ACTION for some works to be completed I packed it up like this and put it away..........
Maybe I'll finish it at the Chookshed birthday.........
Last but not least this is Jude's quilt.......lovely and bright................
She also made two charm pack size blocks and then decided that 4 was going to be to big for her idea so buffered these two out with some extra blocks to make it a little wider and added a border.........
so many different ideas and colours from everyone............I love seeing everyone's size choice, colours, and then variations..........
thanks for playing along girls........hope I have not missed anyone........
Who else played along at home......
I know Janet @ Rogue Quilter joined us......
Ok best go......been a little busy here hence the quiet, got to go hang out the washing, paint boards for the Chookshed.......see if I can get another post written over the weekend.........
have a great Saturday.........
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.........

17 comments:

Jackie said...

What lovely quilts. I really like the tiny mini.

God bless.

Janice said...

It’s always amazing how one pattern can have so many different looks. I love them all.

Jennifer said...

Always interesting to see the differences....I really like Janice's triple!

Susan said...

good to see your Moda Love quilt too!

Jenny said...

All lovely quilts i might even do a full size one

Raewyn said...

The Moda love quilt was such a good quilt to make on retreat! So many lovely variations. Thanks for the inspiration :-) I found a Christmas charm pack the other day, maybe there's another one in my future!!

Jeanette said...

Lovely quilt tops. I have 2 cut out to make. :)

Lin said...

Lovely to see all those variations! The minis are so cute and I love your fabric choices. xx

cityquilter grace said...

moda love just might be on the sewing menu this weekend...a mother's day treat for me!

Maria said...

All the Moda Love quilts are lovely.
I made a 7 1/4” one from HST scraps…

loulee said...

Lovely to see all of the moda love together. I made my mini after I got home.

Susan Smith said...

Look great girls and well done to all who joined in. Hope the work goes well on the chook shed. Take care & hugs.

Fiona said...

They are all great..... I have the pattern tagged for one day here....

HUgz

kiwikid said...

So many beautiful variations on the Moda quilt.

Terry said...

Those are amazing! I love Moda Love! :0)

simplestitches said...

love how the choice of fabric changes the pattern...lovely work everyone!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

These are all fantastic! I told Janet hers would make a great barn quilt, but I think all of them would look superb up on the wall!