Wednesday 3 May 2023

Saturday happenings SS2023.........

Saturday morning started bright and early as usual..........if you beat me to the dining room you get cleaning duties.............Deana had to do some broom work........
Deana's so tiny check her out here..........she's sitting on two chairs and she has a brick under her foot control so she could reach it...........

Helen missed out on a special treat last year so she got these special "tarts" made again this year...........LOL
Not sure she will mention missing out on yummies again........or trust Annette H...........
Tracy got this top finished and those 3D pinwheels are so cool............she gave me one..........i'm going to make a couple one day soon...............
I feel like this is my quilt also..........last year we made twister quilts and Helen missed out cause she was sick at the last minute so she brought her blocks along this year........I cut 1/2 the twister blocks up with her when she got the quilt together to start with.......its hard work on the lower tables and they are a bit fiddly so it was easier she cut two side on the ruler and I did the other two...........we had a great system going.........And lets not forgot the important pin row holder Diane...it was a hoot........
Raewyn and Susan.........
Maureen made the cutest tiny quilt and appliqued, quilted and bound it..........
Gails foundation paper piecing progress............
Tina started the pineapples last year...........so pleased she brought them back this year to finish..............
Lea's trip around the world...........
Brenda got her bag finished first..............
The bobsy twins..........Maureen and Brenda.........
SOOOOOO pleased to meet these girls...........they were very kind to me during the drought...........
Raylene aka The Fairy, me, Pat and Jude
Kylie and he gorgeous liberty hearts.....she's got a long way to go.............
Sue got this top together..........a challenging combination of themes but she pulled it together just like she does............
Lianne got some stuff finished and started on these flowers..............
Can't wait to see more..........
OK that's Saturday...........nearly up to the sad day.........
I really didn't get much sewn at all on Saturday........
To many things going on...........
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue......
 

19 comments:

ButterZ said...

Lots of beautiful show n tell and WIP’s

cityquilter grace said...

wow lots of very nice projects!

jude's page said...

Not surprised you didn't get much sewing done,you were like a mother hen, looking after her chickens!!!

loulee said...

Lots of lovliness happening. I think I missed out on some of it, I was head down sewing like mad.

Janice said...

Gee, the girls worked on such a variety of lovely projects….and made good progress. Hopefully, we will see some finished next year.

Jackie said...

Lots of beautiful quilts happening.

God bless.

Katherine said...

Oh, my! What gorgeous makes!

Jennifer said...

Love the show and tell.....and all the smiling faces! We are back home from Tooraweenah, and the van is fixed.

Lin said...

Such a lot of beautiful work. xx

marina said...

so many beautiful projects!!

Susan Smith said...

What a great show and tell. Thanks for sharing. Didn't realise you'd not met the trio of Raelene, Pat & Judy. Take care & hugs.

Susan said...

Great pics of the works - in progress and completed...I smiled when I saw your "The bobsy twins..........Maureen and Brenda........." I often looked up - saw Brenda from the back and thought it was Maureen - esp the day Brenda wore a bright pink top...

Love the "mother hen" comment from Jude . . .LOL

Susan said...

On a different note - I recall you used to have pages for things like Blogger Help - I was looking for the info on why people are No Reply commenters...

Do you still have it?? (asking for a friend...as you do)

kiwikid said...

So nice to see these photos and enjoy the memories.

dq said...

I was happy to help out for a few minutes. I love your photos. I hope it is ok if I steel a few.

dq said...

Oh hay, you are sneaky. I didn't even know you caught a photo of my brick. Jo was so kind to find it for me. It was perfect!! Now I need to remember to blog about this part of the story as well.

Barwitzki said...

My goodness :-) what beautiful works and it's so great to work with like-minded people.
By the way, I let myself be infected and sewed together at least small pieces of fabric to make placemats for drinking coffee... yay, how happy I am. Thinking of you and thank you.

simplestitches said...

wow...love how one pattern can be changed so easily with different fabrics...lovely work everyone.

simplestitches said...

what a great show and tell!