Sunday 21 May 2023

Playing catch up.........

Life's been a little busy as usual.........

away for work sort of buggers up other parts of life............

I'm still planning the big Chookshed Stitchers zoom day next weekend (Friday) for some of you..........

Shearings happening tomorrow but I won't be in the shed except to deliver scones.........

I still have to share some of the goodies I was gifted, won or brought at Scrub Stitchin' but as everything is everywhere it will have to wait until I can gather it together and take photos.............

I'll catch up another post...........

After Scrub Stitchin' Monday found both Gail and Sylvia thinking about there next move for their holiday.............once that was more organised I decided we needed to go to the emu farm...........

Lucky there is one not to far away...........

Sylvia feeding the emu's
Gail trying to not lose a finger............seriously they don't eat them but they do get a bit close when trying to get the salt bush leaves closer to your hand..........there is also a very funny video of Gail saying "fingers, fingers, just leaves, I keep the fingers"
they love the salf bush..........
Tuesday it was very sad and we had to farewell Sylvia and Arky...........
popped them on the bus and waved farewell...........:(
We did a stop at the information centre in town and snapped gail with an emu that will not try and eat her fingers..........
Wednesday we just hung out doing bits and pieces and some sewing in the Chookshed.............
Gail booking some things for the next part of the trip.........
We went back to the dam and enjoyed the sunset...........this time with nibbles and bubbles..........sorry Sylvia you missed this...........
We sat around and watched the sunset, listened to the last calls for the dark and then the night noises starting..........watching the stars slowly appear...........first one then another then they just keep appearing..........we sat until it was dark and then we were looking at the most amazing night sky.......no moon so it was nice and dark.......we counted about 30 satellites..........saw a couple of meteors..........
Then finally Thursday came and as I didn't need food I took Gail to Gular to meet the bus...........
She loved the Galahs on the wall............lots of street art in Gular. 
This amazing bullock team with dray made from wire.........
Just about to hop on the bus......even the bus shelter has a cool photo on every wall......here the blue wrens are sitting on the emu's paint brush......(brush end behind Gail)..........
Here she has her confetti tumbler mug bag..........it was a last minute decision and Gail left it with me.........I do feel so special...........
Was so sad to wave both Gail and Sylvia farewell 😢😢😢.........will I ever see them again who knows.........but you never know what might happen.........I never thought I would meet them and now I have met both of them and the other girls who also joined us at Scrub Stitchin'............
so I guess you never know what's around the corner.........
What I do know is that my they are always welcome at my place...........
And I have a bed in Germany and USA.............
&&&&&&&&&
The work in the Chookshed didn't quite happen as planned............
so it is only part done........
I've been painting the timber for it though..........
Lucky I have plenty of chairs and a large yard to sit them all out to paint.........

Catch you later.........
Chookyblue.........

19 comments:

Lin said...

Such a special, fun time. xx

Janice said...

It was pretty special having the girls visit. Hopefully you will meet again.

Maria said...

A very special time …

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Whether friends are new or older ones--it is fun to do things with like minded folks--glad you got to meet them and share some adventures with them and then you took time to share some photos with us--thanks--love the paintings !!
hugs, di

cityquilter grace said...

once in a lifetime meet up maybe but oh so worth it...wish i could do the same...count me in for zoom if you do go ahead...i've kept my calendar open!

Susan Smith said...

Seems a good time was had by all & so lovely to meet each other. Wow, lots of great murals & sculpture.......maybe another outing for our caravan. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Sharm said...

Such special memories and an added layer now to the friendships made

Jennifer said...

What a fun visit - and what great memories for Gail and Sylvia to take home with them! The emu farm is a fun place.

jude's page said...

Good to hear from you again, great pics of some more murals. Lots to see in this country of ours. Sad to see them go, and zoom will be forever different. Catch you next weekend I hope.

Susan said...

It was so special having the OS girls come!

Jeanette said...

A special time for everyone. Looking forward to Zoom.

loulee said...

This year was one scrub stitchin' event that will remain in your memory and your heart for a long, long time.

ButterZ said...

I can’t believe I have been home for over a month now. Lovely photos. So Saturday for zoom. I can join for a bit.

Janet O. said...

I love this post, Chooky--feeding the emus, watching the stars come out, and the wonderful street art. Looks like a grand time, and what precious memories made!
Looking forward to the next Zoom!

kiwikid said...

It must have been so hard t say goodbye to the girls, Gail looks like she had a great time with you.

Denice Barker said...

Wonderful

Jackie said...

Such wonderful memories.

God bless.

Raewyn said...

Whoops, I missed this post Chooky. It looks like such a wonderful time for you all...such lovely memories and photos. xx

Jenny said...

Great photos , the ladies had a real Aussie time