Sunday 21 April 2024

Goodies and the project...........

Last report......onto the goodie bags............
Floral mug - I always try and find something floral, bush, birds or stars..........
chocolates........
Cherish Each Day Sewing Case by Hatched and Patched..........
thanks once again for the amazing kits Anni..........
Brenda made us each a bag of coconut ice - to die for
also the smiley faces..........thanks heaps Brenda
Di made the Scrub Stitchin' mug rugs........
Deb @ The Crafters Cottage gave us all a Purple Thang
close up of the kit..........
it's got some lovely wool applique on it also..........
Here are the mugs for this year........I got a yellow one............
Each year we have a swap and I got a gift from Brenda........
a beautiful ๐ŸŒŸstar๐ŸŒŸ coaster........and a lovely soap......
Mixing it up by Making It and Faking It......
perfectly thoughtful given our dinner theme.......
Trish very kindly gave me these bed socks..........Oh my goodness I have needed them the last few nights.........snug and warm.........
Betty gave me a lovely Chooky casserole carry bag full of the yummy jars below..........
there may be no quince paste left now...........
we had to make sure it tasted ok..........not sure what happened next but it disappeared..........
I had asked Lianne to bring some of her pickled cucumbers if she had any.........
OMG she did they are the best........thankyou
Stephanie gave a demo on how to make these coasters and this one found it's way to my sewing table.........thankyou Stephanie.......
Finally a little bit more shopping..........I need to baste a quilt and it's only small so will try this spray adhesive.............
the cute birdie pins were a must and I liked this sashiko...........
also a little addition to Chapel Street.............
after finding I have a couple of these already once home I am now trying to take some pics of what I can find and have them a little bit more organised............never mind they will be used in something else........
AND finally I split a fat 1/4 pack.............so a nice bundle of fat 1/8's...........
Annette made me do it.............
SO that's it.........
I know Scrub Stitchin' makes my heart sing.......
It's a great part of my "tribe", "community", "social connection" but I know it's important to me and I appreciate the distance those who attend travel to get here..........
Thousands and thousands of km's...........but we all come for the special time with like minded people..........friendships are made, strengthened and deepened.........
I always breath a big sigh of relief once I know everyone is home safe and sound..........
see you all next year.......
who knows what's next on the blog......
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue.........


15 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lovely and thoughtful prezzies...you are so blessed to have such a close community of like-minded sewists...

Gretchen Weaver said...

Scrub Stitchin looks like a very special get-together. Happy stitching!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is quite a haul!! What fun!

Did you see my email on mitering your striped border corners?

Susan said...

love the project - the mugs are lovely too...LOts of lovely gifts from the girls.....the french General at the end are lovely - I'm not an avid FG fan - but I do love the blue ones.

Very difficult to keep track of the Chapel St fabrics...just keep buying and collecting

Susan Smith said...

Oh, sounds so much fun. Would love to visit next year. Lovely gifts and much appreciated by many by the sound of it. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Ma Betty said...

Stephanie and I have been so busy with other things that today was our first time together after Scrub Stitchin'. I made apple turnovers and we decided we'd have them for lunch with custard. This started the creative juices running again and we've nearly decided on our next joint project. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXW5A2aAtX4

Lin said...

Such a lovely goodie bag and great gifts from friends. Nice shopping too! xx

Ondrea said...

Awesome gifts. Lovely goodie bag . Anni's pattern looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing everyone's made.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful gifts Chooky, we all appreciate all the work you do to get Scrub Stitchin' up and running each year, such a wonderful group of women, you are right lots of friendships are made and deepened each year.

Jeanna said...

You received some really nice gifts. It shows your friends truly appreciate all of your hard work and friendship.

Janice said...

Some lovely bits and bobs there. It is such a special time for many of us and look forward to next year. Thanks for all you do.

Rose Marie said...

Oh my, lots of goodies!

ButterZ said...

I have just gone back and read your last few posts about the retreat. You received some wonderful gifts. I love the sewing pouch from Anni. Such a great memory to have of the weekend. All the show and tell was amazing as was the braid quilt progress by everyone. Your star decorations and participation was beautiful. It would have been such a laugh once again. Sorry I missed it. Fingers crossed for next year.

Christine M said...

So many lovely goodies!

dq said...

You are certainly showcasing all sorts of treasures in this post. I particularly LOVE the sewing case.