Wednesday 24 April 2024

Playing catch up........

The upside of family being your shearer is you know them very well.........the down side is when they play hairdresser with my pets......Bridget is sporting a "new do".........this happened just before we went away............but I didn't have a good pic so took this one last week.........

I was speechless when I saw her..........lol

Lucky they are coming back to shear more ewes so we can get this one tidied up...............lol

The keets are growing well..........heres a little video of them...............

We had some rain a few weeks ago and I forgot to show you some pics............but it was the best sight coming home to mostly full dams...............Especially my house one..........It waters the garden and I had cut right back on watering.........we were lining up a couple of dams to start desilting..........empty enough to start pulling the mud out of the bottom of the dam so that we could increase water capacity.............
It was so still so the mirror image was working well...........
Such a calm feeling in these photos.............
a hereford baby............
I cut these while we had a gathering of the Chookshed Stitchers on zoom...............some bits from Susan @ Susan's Sewing Patch
more blocks for Chapel Street.............
need to have a count up I think to see how many I do have..........
Playing the other afternoon I was trying to capture the sunset thru the grasses..........didn't quite get what I wanted but I really like this one..............
Ok that's it for me.............
Extra long weekend as tomorrow is ANZAC Day and I have taken Friday off.............
Lots to fit in but will try and find some sewing/zoom time somewhere........
Catch you later...........
Chookyblue.......

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

Poor Bridget. The keets have grown quite a bit. The dams are looking good. Glad you got rain to fill them up a bit. Love the sunset through the grasses.

cityquilter grace said...

Bridget got a mullet...lol....so happy for you and the rain....

kiwikid said...

Oh poor Bridget, not sure she likes her new style!! Beautiful photos Chooky, so good to see the full dame and the reflection photos.

Ma Betty said...

I just love the grasses.

Lin said...

Bridget does look a bit wary! Great photos especially the reflections. xx

loulee said...

Poor Bridget!
Lovely to see the watery pics and your sunset through the grasses is pretty.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those keets are sure a chirpy bunch, cute to see them. Love the sunset photo through the grasses. Have a nice ANZAC day, honoring your veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.

Susan Smith said...

They left her with a mullett? lol Love the photos of the full dams and glad you've had some rain. Thanks for sharing & being an inspiration. Take care & hugs.

ButterZ said...

Nice photos. Cool hair cut. Sort of a Mohawk🤪. Might be able to join zoom this weekend. I’m home.🤞

Cheryll said...

Nice to visit you again. It's been awhile as I always seem busy playing on my new toy Teena. Will try to be better and visit more regularly.

Denice Barker said...

Poor Bridget! Has she seen herself in the mirror?

Jackie said...

Oh dear, Bridget did not deserve a mullet.

God bless.

Susan said...

Poor Bridget....LOL.... hope you can get her tidied up soonish

It must be so satisfying seeing the dams near full.

You wouldn't be the only person taking Friday off for a long weekend...Enjoy it!

Susan said...

a new comment

Christine M said...

Wonderful photos, especially the mirror image one. Poor Bridget.

Jenny said...

The keets are doing well and Bridget rocking a mullet..? Love the grass photo too

dq said...

Cool photo of the brush up close - the last one. You sure do a good job with your photography.
I think I have that same stack of Kaffe Fabric. Your blocks are really growing.