Thursday 2 May 2024

tid bits...........

We always have a great quilt "show and tell" at Scrub Stitchin'..... This year i said no folding up between each quilt.....Takes to long...... Look at the mountain on the table behind me.............
Sue has a lovely quilt too by the way...........
Having something finished is a great motivation for some to get a few more things over the line..............
One night near the full moon the moon and clouds looks pretty cool.............
Phones are pretty amazing now days............
earlier in the week scuds were around..............
I finally had a count up on zoom how many Chapel Street blocks I have...............well believe it or not this in 260..............I have another 40 with the stripe on also and the quilt size 66x66 says you need 288............I have another large pile of pieces cut and that is great as I want a big quilt.............
So mine will be big..........
It was a nice small group on Saturday morning/Friday evening on the flip side............
It was a cool, cloudy, WET Saturday.............
We've had 2 inches this weekend..........wonderful..............
ok best go...........
busy watching the grass grow............
Catch you later......
Chookyblue......

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

awesome progress on those blocks...flimsy soon i'll bet

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see what people bring to quilt group for show and tell! And beautiful photos of where you live, too. Looks like you have an amazing view!

Janice said...

Oops, missed that session on Saturday, as we slept in. Chapel Street will keep you amused for a while by the sounds of it. Have fun. Yay! How good is it to get that rain. Perfect at this time of year. We had just on an inch.

Susie said...

Glad you got some rain. Look forward to seeing those Chapel Street blocks come together. I keep admiring that quilt. Used to walk Chapel street every day to school - it's a quilt I should add to the 'one-day' list but in the meantime I'll keep admiring yours.

loulee said...

Oh my goodness, you will be joining blocks in no time. I'm excited to see Chapel street come together.
Sorry I missed out on Zoom again. Sigh, one day it will happen on my day off.

Janet O. said...

Love a good show and tell. From the pile of quilts behind you it looks like it went on for days. ;)
Love the shots of the clouds in the sky. Gorgeous!
Maybe your Chapel Street quilt will be as big as my Churn Dash finished up--King size. And I finished the binding last night!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That looks like a great show and tell, wish we could have seen a few more!

Fiona said...

lovely big pile of colour in your blocks... and the quilts of course..
Hugz

jude's page said...

Good to see the dams with water, glad you had some rain. tHe farmers are all looking for rain here now.

Susan said...

That amount of rain is good...

So I guess I can stop finding bits for you??