highlights of the day..........good and bad...........
- Lots of rain so planned to loll around tidying etc in PJ's until lunch when road would be drier
- phone call at 9am to say the cows had escaped and were miles away from there break
- tell Fairy Girl to grab some food in a back pack fast.....(6 tim-tams, 2 muesli bars, 2 snack packs of BBQ shapes yummo.....)
- another phone call to say some of the cows were in someones crop
- mobile going flat
- mud flying everywhere while riding on the bike to the cows
- electric fence at break broken in several places - cows obviously been out since about 1/2way thru the night
- Fairy Girl singing me songs with new words esp for me......very funny
- MIL's at home to pass messages onto Mr Chooky since phone was going dead
- Rocks - used one to hit a post back into the ground
- approx 70kms on the 4 wheeler - numb bum
- Mr Chooky having wet sheep and finished early so knew of our troubles and brought pies and coke
- Unfortunately Mr Chooky also found another 12 cows who has wandered about 12kms away from the break
The escaped cows being headed back to break............took several hours...........
See the row of gulars on the fence not so clear as I snapped it on the phone........
Catch you later..............