Saturday 12 November 2022

OMG they let me in........

 OMG they let me in........I made it to Queensland finally with no Covid disruptions.........
The morning started early and after a hair-raising trip to the neighbours to pick up my partner in all things quilty we were on our way......... Had to wash the car on the way as it was covered in mud.......
( Those tracks in the mud are at least a foot deep)
8.5hrs later we were walking into the first quilt shop..........
Sale box of bolts.....
the one on the front right may have become a backing for my French General quilt I made with the big blocks/arrow..........
Dinner last night at a Turkish restaurant..... First time for me...... Very nice but ate way too much......
Fiona, me, Miss Jules, Kris, geek boy and Maree.........thanks for taking the pic Dave.....
May have had to buy some of the middle fabric on display in the front window at Quilt Craft.......
crap pulled out everywhere in the motel room...... Convinced Maree to get papers for Lucy....... Leant her one of my Lucy templates.....
show and tell......
All three patchwork shops conquered.......The Sewing Room, Quilt Craft and Precious Time......numerous times......
The gorgeous quilt above is Patrinas at Precious Time...... Emma Jean Jansen design.......
I may have had to buy the pattern for Chapel Street.....Anyone made it?......EPP or machine peiced?
OMG the bank account is dying but we've had so much fun, inspiration and I've got 4 quilt backings too on my loot for specific quilts..........
About to get ready for Italian tonight with some friends........
At this rate I might need a holiday to get over the this holiday/retreat....
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.......

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you are having such a fun time! Well done on the fabric purchases, you were more restrained than I would have been.

Susan Smith said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I'm loving some of your purchases. Enjoy the rest of the time. Take care & hugs.

ellen said...

I LOVE CHOOKY!!! More later why ;)

loulee said...

Chapel Street looks interesting....
Have fun.

Susan said...

How wonderful Fiona was back in time!

Glad you got lots of goodies.

Annelein said...

Glad you've got there safe. Have a very good time with the other girls. And a safe trip back.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Have a great time, and safe travels!

ButterZ said...

So happy you got to go. Enjoy the rest of your retreat. Lucky you.

Lin said...

Sounds like enormous fun and that box of sale bolts looks like a treasure trove! xx

Karen's Korner said...

Have fun.

Janet O. said...

This looks like an absolutely delightful time! So happy you are finally enjoying a retreat (from which you will need a vacation to recover).
Hmmm, there seem to be an awful lot of "may have" statements in this post. Apparently you don't want to incriminate anyone. LOL

Deb said...

Gosh those fabrics are to die for of course worth the track through that mud (dangerous though)
Even love that Turkish table cloth
So glad you got some real girl time in!

Fiona said...

Great to see you and wonderful that you are supporting our local economy so well! Have a great time...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! Such fun. Happy crafty time.

dq said...

You must be a pretty great of-froad (mud road) driver. I do not think I would attempt that.

It looks like a lovely time. Thanks to you I am learning the state names in Australia.

Rose Marie said...

So glad you made it to the retreat and are having fun! Backing fabric also seems to be my fabric purchases lately ....

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! I just got home from my retreat and I'm struggling to stay awake until a decent time to head to bed. Happy retreating!

Christine B said...

Nice to see you having so much fun! Christine xx

swooze said...

Wow some pretty fabric! Glad you’re enjoying yourself.

Janice said...

How good that you finally made it over the border. OMG! Look at your road! You did well to get through. Mind you, you wouldn’t let a little thing like that stop you. I’m glad Miss Jules went along too. You deserved to go shopping, as you haven’t been able to get to any fabric shops for quite some time. It looks like you all had a great night out.

Diane-crewe said...

So glad you made it …. And had a great time x There is time to refill the bank .. but not to get “that special fabric” lol x

Jenny said...

The main thing is your enjoying yourself