Friday 29 December 2023

Chookshed Stitchers Christmas Zoom Sewing Day.........

 
What a wonderful day we had on Wednesday catching up with everyone on zoom.........great roll up for the day..........

I think we had 32 people pop in and out during the day..........

These are just a couple of pics i took during the day................

I did a little bit of sewing on my machine but really I talked way to much.........which was great and so needed..........catching up with people........

Here is a pic of some cementing I got done for my christmas present.......may have even had to push wheel barrows of cement or several on Christmas day to get it BUT it is done...........the Chooks are going to be so much happier with this floor in the Chook house...........

OK I'm fluffing today............Mr Chooky mowed yesterday and I put the hoses on............more watering this morning and doing some jobs...........I am now in the Chookshed as it's going to be hot and maybe stormy later today......there's horrible wind out there at present...........zapping the moisture out of everything........me included.....
what's everyone up to.........there was a chance I may have had a visitor arriving today but that's not happening.......maybe tomorrow........and I have more visitors tomorrow so before they arrive I may just be able to sneak in a zoom in the morning (afternoon/evening on the flip side).....They all have long trips to get to me.............I'll see how I go....keep an eye on your emails...........

OMG only a couple of days until we find out what number we are working on for January........are you joining the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge???

Catch you later........
Chookyblue........
PS trying to catch up on some blog reading......but it is way out of control......

16 comments:

Janet O. said...

Enjoyed catching up. When I was on the first time there were 16 of us, and I was so happy that I could see all of us on one screen with my new iPad. I even took a photo. On my old iPad I could only see 9 at a time.
Oh, I am glad you shared where you were toting the cement on Christmas Day.
I am really curious about your upcoming visits.
Sadly, I just can't join the challenge. It may take me months to finish some of the projects I have committed to for other people, so I can't switch projects monthly--sewing time is too limited right now. But I will have fun seeing what all the rest of you accomplish!

dq said...

Your zoom party was a highlight of my Christmas break! Thank you for being a wonderful hostess!!

Jennifer said...

Was a good catch up....even if I missed my Canadian friends! Not sure about tomorrow, we're heading up north to have lunch with a friend.

Janice said...

Yesterday was great fun. I’m glad your chooks have a new floor. Got to have happy chooks. I’ll keep an eye out for emails.

Lin said...

Sorry I missed out, sounds like it was fun. Philip now home so hopefully will get a chance next time. xx

Raewyn said...

It was great to drop by and see people - neat how we all come and go as we are able. Lucky chooks with their new floor. Hope it didn't get too hot and stormy.

cityquilter grace said...

always a good time hanging with the quilty peeps...glad to have some company at christmas..

Narelle said...

Sorry I missed zooming. I've joined the challenge and am eager to find out the 1st number.

Floor said...

What a nice photo of the path in the garden. Completely decorated with old sewing machines!
Wish you also a beautiful 2024 with lots of happiness, creativity and health.
Greetings,
Floor

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks for hosting the Zoom, I made good progress on my applique project. It is always fun to have a chat, and so amazing when it is with quilters all over the world. Since I retired, I have resisted setting goals, wanting to do just whatever I feel like at the time. So, I don't think I'll do the challenge, but I'll eagerly read about all of yours!

Susan Smith said...

glad the Zoom session went well & oh, lovely floor for the chookies. Think I may to join in your challenge after such a "blah" year this year & hope to be able to join in with Zoom soon. Looks fun. As for weather, I'll send some rain, as it is raining right now at 7am & I thought it was going to be dry today. Good I picked blueberries yesterday (1.5kgs). Have a great new year, take care & hugs.

ARC said...

I had such a lovely time catching up with you all! I'm inspired to participate in the challenge and am busily trying to set up my newer blog.
Thank you all for your good humour, kindness and great conversation.
And thanks most to Chooky, you're a superstar! Al C, Rural Shutterbug

kiwikid said...

Sorry I missed this zoom, sounds like you are in for a hot day. The new floor in the chook house will be great. Enjoy your visitors.

jude's page said...

Was good to catch you on Zoom, even if it was brief. Don't think I will set my self up for failure with the challenge, can't see I will get much stitching time.

Jenny said...

Love the chicken house the cement will be better. Like your list too from the last post.

Michell said...

Looks like fun was had. Am I able to join in these zooms. May not get to them all the time, but have recently mastered the knack of doing some crafting whilst in my course zooms and enjoyed it.