Saturday 15 October 2011

passing on addictions............

At the cows the other day I had a brand new baby........slowly I watched it come to life..........learning to walk........mum licking it to clean it up......having it's first drink........precious
some gum trees at the house flowering..............more photos here.............
I have numerous visitors at the moment............but one of them she doesn't sew but loves to see what I am working on...........well she wanted to have a go at English Paper Piecing  (EPP)........well she did each step and now she has 2 flowers done........talk about get it.........A+ student.....
.......so later last night after lots more talking, stitching etc I finally remembered where had seen precut hexagons we ordered these precut hexagons using Hometown by Sweetwater..........and then this morning look at the post Possum Blossom put up for me..........
Then after chatting to Kerry at Cottage on the Hill she told me she does precut hexagons too so she will be able to assist with the background fabric precuts..........
And my other friend Kerri has some yardage for backing so all is sorted...........
&&&&
&&&
&&
in regard to the GDITC post before this one Lise is planning a road trip - she's looking for passengers.........want to join her..............Loz is.........imagine the fun you could have...........
I've met Lise before but Loz and I have been talking about meeting up..........it looks like it really is going to happen..............
&&&
hope your weekend is going great mine is.............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

11 comments:

Susan said...

It's good to share the addiction - her life will be changed forever now! Enjoy your weekend.

Lurline said...

So wonderful to be so close to a new life! Very special!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lorraine said...

Can't beat a road trip LOL. Am all booked in to GDITC...house / dog sitters all organised...can't wait!

Anita said...

oh wow Loz is coming!!!!

Sweet P said...

How wonderful to see new l I've brought into the world!

Leanne said...

I love "home town" you will have a quilt made in no time pre cut fabric, paper and glue only the fun part left to do.

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great weekend-I remember doing those hexagons when I was at school -havent done any for ages but I might put that on my list as I know what fun they were but yes very addictive. Love the gum flowers and I bet that calf is so cute

Googy Girl said...

i love road trips....
wow you photo's of the gum flowers are gorgeous... and what a special moment being there to watch all those firsts...

Anonymous said...

lovely post Chooky

Chocolate Cat said...

You might be sorry you suggested it!!! looks like it might just happen this time after years of thinking about it!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I loved seeing the cow and calf, what a blessing to see it up close and personal. I always wanted to do that when we had cows and horses but it never happened. The only one I saw born was a calf that had to be pulled because it was a difficult birth and the baby was dead. Not fun.
blessings,
Mama Bear