Sunday 18 March 2018

A day to forget.....

Oh dear it was one of those days you want to forget..............
it started off ok............I walked until Mr Chooky got the ute loaded and picked me up along the way...........
Really I was only going along for the ride with him to pic up a truck and for me to bring the ute back...............It was going to be 39 degC so we left early.............
I got some stitching done in the trip out.......
at this point on the way home it was still ok...........I was the gate girl also.......A job I detest..............but I got time to take these pics at one of the gates...........
Fences running either side long and straight as far as I could see...............
Then BAM the wheel fell off a trailer he was towing.........OMG...........
I couldn't stitch by this stage as I was so grotty helping.........
I did get to lay in the shade under the trailer for abit........
It was so boring.......could not even check out blogs, text or call anyone as there was ZERO mobile service............
2 hours later we were on the road again...........
Things were very iffy............we were "limping" to the next property.........
Just got into there place and the second wheel fell off.......There were nut and bolt issues.........but what should have taken an hour or two max took 5.........I was in walking gear as I was not doing farm work........i'm a little sunburnt as there were no trees........all the food was gone and I ran out of water..........
I finally got home and had a cold shower and vegged out for the last of the afternoon................
Catch you later...... Chookyblue.....

27 comments:

Susan said...

You get those s~*%%¥ days.

Anonymous said...

Buggar shit day Chooky ,hope you aren't to burnt xx

jude's page said...

Oh Chooky, I feel for you. It was cold, windy and 22 here today, winter woolies out.

Diane-crewe said...

oh dear .. reminds me of that song ... 3 wheels on my wagon!! .. gave me a laugh! Shure you weren't laughing at the time though xx Wish I could send you some of our snow as a consolation xx

Maria said...

Oh Shit! .......

Gail said...

Horrid day! You will always remember it though!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

How horrid! That cold shower would be been welcome.

sunny said...

I bet that cold shower felt good! Does NOT sound like a fun day.

Sharm said...

OMG - not fun at all. You might need to pop an emergency supply kit in the back of the ute for times like that in the future !

Helen said...

Oh no it sounds like a nightmare, the shower would have been the best. So pleased all finally worked out.

Sue SA said...

Yikes, what was Mr Chooky Blue's mood like when the second wheel feel off? Think you might laugh about that when your 90 and in the nursing home...in the meantime might be good to forget it ever happened!

Susan C. said...

Yeah, not a great day to think too much about! Yikes.....all the things that could have gone even wronger....(yes that's a word wronger! ) still it didn't get much worse so let's count your many blessings....that is one harsh landscape there ........stay safe Mr and Mrs Chooky!

cityquilter grace said...

gee a definitely not fun day at all...glad you got home in one piece...

Maria said...

Yep "just one of those days" and doesn't the cold shower make all the difference. Hope your days improve and a heap of inches of rain.

kiwikid said...

Oh dear Chooky, enforced nothing to do is a challenge in its self!! Hope the sunburn is not too bad.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh poo! Not nice at all....hope your sunburn feels better x

The Sloan Patch said...

You poor thing!

Lin said...

I think I would have come up with a few interesting words too! Hope it's a better one today. xx

Jo said...

Oh no, not a good day for it...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bugger....bloody hell that was a day from hell🤯😡🤬

marina said...

Hope your day improved....
That’s a loo loo

simplestitches said...

bummer! bet that cold shower was a relief and hope your sunburn isn't too bad.

Janice said...

OMG! I don't envy you that one! You must have been very thankful to get back home.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh boy... what a frustrating day!!!! xx

Love Bears All Things said...

I imagine you were dehydrated by the time you got home and very tired...Things should be looking up after that.
Mama Bear

Jenny said...

Tell Mr Chook he better do some maintenance checks on those trailers before he takes our Chooky out there in that heat next time. Sounds like a hard day on the job to me!

Carole said...

Yea, don't we all! It stinks that's for sure. With the heat you have been having, hydration is so important. Happy you did not have a heat stroke or something. Take care!