Sunday 25 March 2018

Stitchin and walking

Friday I got to enjoy a fancy walk............farming friends who live in more civilised country...........OMG the grass was to die for..............
Big trees...........
long narrow tree lined tar roads................
Beautiful views of grassy paddocks...........
stitching in the car..........first time I have picked up Lucy since my finger got jammed in the door in November last year............big break..........I had been working on Edwardsia this year once I was able to EPP stitch again..........finger nail is still growing back slowly............heaps of the numbness is gone but it is still a bit funny...........the annoying thing is I thought I had sewn all bags of pieces up for Lucy.......I found a bag not done.........and some is missing so I must have a search for the stitching bag I had with me then......................
Got to sit and enjoy this beautiful garden view over a cuppa with my friend Annette..............
sunrise or sunset it's always beautiful...............
hit my walking goal this morning of 120kms for March Charge Cancer Council now lets see if I can hit 150kms by the end of the week..........
i'm at 126kms now after 7kms this morning........
6 days another 32 kms........
thats over 5kms/day........
i'll give it a crack for sure..........
what exercise have you done today???
have a fabulous Sunday........
Catch you later....... Chookyblue.....

19 comments:

The Sloan Patch said...

Photos are lovely. It's exciting to get back into a project... feels like a new project all over again! I've got a day in the sewing room planned but the sun is out so I'll have to get outside and move this body too!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful photos. Nice you are back to your Lucy blocks again. Helping hubby erect a cat and possum cage over my neglected vegie box....lots of bending lol!

Michelle Ridgway said...

PS Awesome effort with your walking xxx

kiwikid said...

Great photos , always great to walk in a different place. Hope your finger comes right, good to see Lucy out again..did you break your finger?? Hope the missing Lucy pieces turn up...well done on the walking! I am sitting today but might head off for a walk after lunch.

Maria said...

Great to hear that you've been able to get back to some EPP. Jammed fingers/thumbs in car doors are always painful and especially so if the nail is damaged. ( I speak from experience! 😕)
I haven't checked your March Charge page for a few days but you'd got to $1000 mark and the kms were sure mounting up! Well done, it's really appreciated. 💗

Annie said...

Congratulations on hitting and blasting through your walking target! Got in a nice tree-lined walk myself today. Thanks for the inspiration! Annie

Maria said...

Green is sew good on the eyes.. Beautiful views to see while stitching..
Great walking, you'll hit your 150 kms i'm sure.
I've been for a dip and exercise in the sea.

Susan C. said...

Hmmmm....I read this as you managing to both walk and stitch at once! My bad! Well done on crushing your goals and not your finger.....lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky lovely views for your walk,awesome you hit your goal,well done my friend ,you are inspirational,go girl xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome views,,,well done to you on your goals...back on the walking machine tomorrow ❤️❤️❤️

Jo said...

Good work I.. I've done 2kms today but that included gardening, digging holes and planting 5 plants. Our dirt is rock hard too. I was exhausted.
You go girl..

Jeanette said...

Beautiful views for your walk. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

good to see Lucy out ...

Hugz

Janice said...

Wow! Lush green grass! How lovely to see. Make the most of it. Good on you for meeting and now exceeding your challenge. You'd better have that last Lucy block finished before Scrub Stitchin so you can show and tell them all. Today I exercised my foot to drive the sewing machine and my hands to do some applique and sewing down binding. I'm not quite sure if that counts....but I do have another UFO finished to show for it.

Mia said...

Beautiful photos, my friend. Kisses!!!!!!!!!

sunny said...

A lovely walk indeed! Glad to hear your finger is much better. Here's hoping for full recovery, and soon!! I'm going to be starting a Lucy project soon. But I have to finish my GFG first. So I'd better get busy. Just working on some outside borders now.My exercise yesterday was walking around a Quilt Show.

Lin said...

Looks like a beautiful part of the world. Nice to see Lucy out and about again. My exercise this morning was in the kitchen cooking lunch for friends and this afternoon eating it and exercising my right arm! Something more energetic tomorrow I hope. xx

Carole said...

How wonderful! A change of scenery is good! Cheers!

Jenny said...

beautiful countryside