Saturday 3 October 2020

Forced Shopping?????

Forced shopping??? who am I trying to kid........but hey it worked.......

My friend Jude @News From Jude always has "pink" events as fund raising for Breast Cancer Network Australia. A cause close to her heart. I have watched with envy over many years the fun she has had at her retreats and morning teas in her little fundraising effort. I'm not sure her total fund raising efforts over the years but it's sure been fun seeing what they got up to. 

You can check her blog now and numerous posts recently she was recapping her previous years and posting of her events from this year.............Given Covid19 she had to get creative since she couldn't have the usual retreats. She had a couple of small morning teas but progressed to hold several Zoom morning teas with numerous ladies. Here's one of the morning tea zoom photos I think Jo took this one.....


So why am I posting about this.........well I'm enjoying a day trying to catch up on some of my blog friends and realised I have missed all Jude's News about the "Pink" events this year.........Bugger the days turn into weeks flying by quickly. I felt sad I had missed Jude's zoom morning teas and so I messaged her and made a donation......then I saw she also had a special sale page on her blog with precut (by Jude and fairy) quilt fabric kits and bundles of lovely fabrics listed and she was selling these with 20% of the sale price going to BCNA. What's is a girl to do.......had I missed a great sale that was even better because a % was going to this great cause. So I emailed Jude and I could still get some.........any way back and forwards a few more emails and Judes decided to extend the fabric sale for the weekend. SO that means you can find a bargain for a good cause also.......

So go to Judes sale Page on her blog LINK HERE
I did find some gorgeous pretties below and another lovely bundle too
Jude's going to keep it open until Monday now so hurry over and find yourself a treat.......
Jude's raised a great amount this year. Even more amazing given the difficult circumstances that are in place to hold functions.........
I gave Jude a donation to round up her fundraising efforts to a round figure.......then I went shopping after she said I could still get some fabrics........now the tally is unrounded again so maybe you can find a little bundle or a real treat a precut quilt kit to help raise a bit more money.....
BUT BE QUICK.........
Congrats Jude on a great fundraising effort.......I think she will hold off announcing her tally now until Monday night or Tuesday.......
Oh and while you are at it........go check your boobs.....

thats all from me for now.....I'll be back soon I have stuff to share but go see what you can find at Jude's

Chookyblue.......

8 comments:

loulee said...

Oh! You enabler you! LOL
Thanks for sharing the link.

kiwikid said...

It has been great to see Judes events and the happy things happening. There was lots of temptation on the sales page, I might have succumbed!!

Maria said...

Yes it was fun joining in the Zoom morning tea and some nice fabrics found there way over to my place too!

ButterZ said...

Yes I ordered some fabrics too. Great idea

dq said...

I read about her pink party and enjoyed the recaps from previous years. It is a wonderful idea.

Susan said...

I am so behind on my blog reading too - and missed all that fun - but what a great idea....
there is still tomorrow to be tempted.

Narelle said...

I'm off to visit Jude ... thanks for the heads up.
Boob's - tick (last month) :)

Janice said...

A little package ma6 have winged it’s way over to my place too. We’ll all be kept busy with our purchases.