Friday 24 April 2015

Quilts needed please............

Remember I did the Caring with Quilts  project with the CWA.............it all started with this post and the request for a few quilts was rapidly turned into hundreds..........They were given to the people who were effected by the Warrumbungles Fire in 2013....
Well sadly we are a land of extremes and now my friend Jewells is going to get some quilts together for her friend Colleen and family from the small town of Dungog which took the brunt of the flooding in the recent storms...........if she has excess quilts (which I am sure will) she is going to give to other people in the community effected...............
She has asked for quilts single bed size or larger............
and she would also only be asking for quilts suitable for adults...........
male and female quilts..............
several people lost homes but many were flooded..................
Hope you can help..............my bloggy friends were very generous for the Caring with Quilts project so I am hoping some of you can help out the people of Dungog.
Leave a comment on my blog here and I can be in touch with Jewells or leave a comment on Jewells blog and she will be in touch...........or email her here
&&&&
thankfully Jewells is fine and not effected but it was a worry for days as they had no communication with the outside world so to hear from her yesterday once she was back on the air was great.....
This is her friend Colleens house floating away.........
Jewells maybe you could call it "Flooded with Love"..............

Sorry about 2 post in one day but this one is pretty important...............

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

10 comments:

Jewells said...

Thanks Chooky for your help.. the ENTIRE retirement village was flooded with water to the ceiling in every unit... the elderly (along with my friend Colleen), lost everything as well.

Fiona said...

will email you...
Hugz

Fiona said...

will email you...
Hugz

jfoster8 said...

I can quilt some tops if that helps.....

Maria said...

Very sad! I have commented on Jewells blog and offered a few quilts..

Libster said...

have contacted my guild, hoping we might be able to help out

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Will contact Jewells...

kiwikid said...

Will go see Jewells too..

Joy McD said...

Oh my, would love to help... wish I had a quilt ready to give away - now this is why I need to have some spares ready to give away. I will check with my quilting ladies if they have any and contact Jewells. xxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

So sad to see that house sail away...what a great idea....