Sunday 3 April 2022

2021 Scrub Stitchin' kits......

Just checking thru my blog and found some posts that I have not published............
Best get 2021 up before this year starts.......
This is the room set up last year...........
the quilts look great hanging up in the room.......
Not sure why it took several retreats to think of this..........
thankgoodness for skirt hangers
finishing the bags and making the room look pretty.......
its always great adding the final finishing touches.........
Sadly Miss Kate will not be with us thus year.........
She thinks moving house is morning important.........
The kits for 2021 were designed and put together by Sandy of Shiralee Stitches..........Sadly Sandy was not able to come and join us at the last minute..........
The kits had a red or blue option...........mine is the red option..........The EPP ring is finished but it is not a cushion yet............woops
We always have a lovely mug of some theme..........Last year these were gorgeous painted birds but they were an art work in themselves.......I don't have a closer pic...........and my Mum made us some scones for morning tea a couple of mornings............
My little car was packed to the rafters and she will be again........being the host there's more stuff you have to take and prepare for the retreat...........that's my excuse and I'll stick with it......Not the fact that I took enough projects with me to last a full month of sewing if not longer............you have to have options don't you........
Ok must go.......million things on the go here including filling the car again..........
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue......

18 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely photos. I look forward to seeing this years photo's. Hugs, xx

Jackie said...

Lovely pictures of the retreat. Yes you do need options.๐Ÿ˜‰

God bless.

Narelle said...

Enjoy ... you've earned it xx

jude's page said...

You'll have a great time and don't forget to keep us up to date while you are there!

ButterZ said...

Oh wow. Makes me even more excited now. So we don’t have to bring our own coffee cup. What about a wine glass.

Karen's Korner said...

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the piccies.

swooze said...

You are too cute! Have fun!

loulee said...

Have fun. I want to see lots of photos.

Jennifer said...

Have a wonderful time!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Oh I wish I could be there. The photos reminded me of things I had forgotten. Just realised my project from last year is nearly finished, so I will stitch along with you this year and finish it. Have fun.

Maria said...

Lucky ladies who’ll be joining you for this years Scrub Stitching ๐Ÿงต

Sandi said...

Oh so envious - have a ball chooky.....looking forward to your posts..xxx

Christine B said...

Looks fabulous! have a great time this year! Christine xx

Janice said...

Great memories. See you soon.

DAWNIE said...

Have a fabulous time with everyone. Thinking of you all Dawnie
Ps
Love all the piccies and car loaded too!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like you are going to have a blast! Love those mugs, and I hope you get fresh scones again.

Raewyn said...

I've seen a couple of the cushions floating about in blogland in the last couple of weeks. It will be great to see a line up of them after this year's retreat! Looking forward to seeing more ♥

dq said...

I am laughing so hard at your packed car because I can so so so relate to it. YOu do have to pack several projects because sometimes you get to retreat and don't have with you what you thought you did. If you have more projects to choose from, you have back ups. Choices are also good. YOu never know what you might be in the mood for.

My friend and I opted to drive separate because we knew we would fill our cars and be too crowded in one. Besides, I had to do the trunk show one night and had 25 quilts in my car.