Sunday 24 April 2022

our project..........Part 6

Our project this year was designed by a friend of Diane's - Debbie............
I had been thinking about some shashiko........
Debbie came up with these pincushions...........
She had a friend turn the timber bases for us.........
three sizes so it was luck of the draw what size you ended up with.........
Harriett got started first.........
She enjoyed the shashiko so much she brought a kit for a project for a different project I had been making as I liked it and wanted a another one to make hence why I had a spare kit..........
I'll be able to get another one another day..........
But I think she started sewing it on the way home in the car
Very pretty........even coordinating the pins she used in it.......
Mary was next and she brought an extra base and made two...........Debbie had included fabric to either do the shashiko or some other nice fabrics which is what Mary chose to use.........they look great also.......
Also see Mary's pretty name badge..........Jenny made those for us.........
Much appreciated Jenny.......
Lea started late one night and sat and stitched chatting to me while she stitched away........
Here's her finished cushion.........
A great quick project..........now to think what to do for 2023.........
What would you like as a quick project at retreat???
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue.........
PS I got another binding finished last night.........at this rate of posts and stuff to share it maybe posted by next weekend..........I'll take it for a photo shoot today......

18 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

soo cute!

loulee said...

Those are cute wee pincushions.

Jennifer said...

That's a fun project.....and well done on the binding!

Jackie said...

Lovely pin cushions. That is something I need. I will have to make a few one day (lots of pins in this house).

God bless.

Jeanette said...

They are lovely. Hugs, xx

ButterZ said...

I do love sashiko and I have chosen a design to stitch for my pin cushion. They look lovely.

Janet O. said...

I love these pincushions! I am kind of a natural wood fanatic, so if you can make something functional from wood with a beautiful grain, I am all in!
Lea's stitching on hers is very pretty.

Raewyn said...

The pincushions are very cool - what a great idea! You could do a repeat of them in 2023 hehe!

Maria said...

Lovely sashiko pincushions…..

Deb said...

great project lovely stitching!

Lin said...

What a great time you all had. I love those pincushions, especially gorgeous because of the hand made bases. xx

Ondrea said...

How lovely are they! I love doing Sashiko.

Susan said...

That is a great project! - well thought of!

Janice said...

They were a lovely project this year. I’d better have mine ready for show and tell next year. The girls did well with their sashiko stitching.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

All that fun and progress too! I never seem to get anything accomplished at gatherings. I guess I am just too busy catching up on gossip. WHat fun!!

kiwikid said...

Always enjoy the SS projects, even if I don't get them finished sometimes! The girls did really well to get theirs done.

Christine B said...

Love the sashiko pincushions.... so pretty! Christine xx

dq said...

Lea's pincushion is so dainty. I love it.