Sunday 17 April 2022

binding........

I'll get back to Scrub Stitchin' but for now...............
Happy Easter............
It was very dark when I took this photo on my phone as I got up to get ready for zoom....... 
Love the stars I also captured......
How many stars can you see?
It was a strong international zoom this one....... Janice was on early for a short patch but nearly 1/3 the zoom time I think I was the only Aussie.......
The bummer with the times now due to daylight savings finishes here and starting in Europe it was late Friday night already when I started...... this didn't stop Ellen and Hanne...... They stayed up late.......
Deb joined us for the first time from Canada......
You can see in the bottom of the zoom screen pic I was binding....... No epp today as I committed to a binding challenge with Rose Marie and Mary earlier in the year........ Except they have made the challenge each month Rose Marie is even one extra up.....I have done about 1 metre one month, a few inches another month and nothing another....... Rose Marie being so kind said even the few inches is progress..... True that but at a very slow rate.......But I got my quilt finished............Its been washed this morning and I'll take some pics later...........probably should have taken it for its photo shoot before I washed it oh well...........
So the discussion then went on as to how many did I need to do.... Rose Marie had several and some being quilted..... She said Mary had heaps......... I've just sent a few quilts away to be quilted so I need to do something before they return.....
I thought I had 3-4 to do ......... OMG how wrong.......
Friends came to visit after lunch and while the boys were out I said what if we go to the Chookshed to chat as I can keep tidying things up after the Scrub Stitchin' dumping.............I started pulling out quilts to show as she enjoyed seeing them...........
OMG BIT OF A SHOCK...........
I have another quilt with binding attached.......I had two bindings prepared see the angle ones above on the top right.......I saw I had two pieces of fabric sitting around with binding written on them.....I cut them......... In the end I cut 5 bindings....I had to choose a couple........So that means I have 8 bindings to do........ All big quilts......because what else would I make..........Oh dear........I need the "binding fairy" but she doesn't travel this far north...........dam........
Here's another view of the tank the day before.......I was capturing the wispy clouds and they didn't last long like this...... Such a brilliant blue sky........
So do you have any binding to do?????
If yes how many?????.
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.......

19 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Easter to your family and you , Chooky.
Enjoyed our Zoom GTG yesterday.
Boy you sure are on a roll two bindings done and more cut ready….
I see 17 stars counting the faded ones as well. 😃

ButterZ said...

Sorry I couldn’t join in this time. I slept til after 11. Catching up after a few busy weeks. Happy Easter to you.

loulee said...

So sad that I missed out on Zoom. Tony took me for a day out. :-)
Hmm, binding???? Nope, nothing that needs binding, but I have several that need quilting.

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter to you, Chooky! You certainly need a binding fairy, don't you? Zoom was fun yesterday....and that hot cross bun was probably the best I have ever had.

Janet O. said...

Love your photos of the vast sky, whether dark and starry, or brilliant blue with wisps of cloud.
Sorry I missed all the international flavor of the Zoom. Just haven't felt up to par the last few days.
Bindings? First I need quilting--then binding. I have tops tucked away in the closet that I had forgotten I ever made. But I think you and I might need to have a contest to see who is the world's slowest binder! I think I win.

Diane-crewe said...

So many beautiful colours x

Hanne said...

Happy Easter Chooky 🐤💛
It was so nice to Zoom with you all - I always get so inspired by seeing what everyone is working on.
I could come and be your binding fairy. Just pull up a chair and pour me a cuppa 😊

Jackie said...

Happy Easter to you and yours.

God bless.

jude's page said...

Was good to catchup if only briefly on Saturday. Been a hive of activity and people coming and going this weekend. There are NO quilts here waiting for binding, they have all been done by the fairy! LOL! But I do admit to a few quilts in the queue of my own that need to be quilted! Lovely photos once again.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the tank pics...was good to catch up on zoom for a short while even if I was way too tired to actually do any sewing...

Susan said...

Your early morning sky is lovely - but too early for me. The tank pic is glorious!
Bindings?? none - once it's quilted it gets bound - to me that is the easy bit...
Good Luck with them.

Sandi said...

Happy Easter - I started counting the stars (fab photo by the way) and the more I looked the more I found so I gave up and just enjoyed your photo. I cant say I have anything that needs binding done - not sure if that is a good thing or a show of lack of productivity on my behalf.. Anyhow catch ya soon..xx

ellen said...

What pretty fabrics you have to bind - it would be a shame to leave them lying around ;)

Gladly would I come with Hanne to help you with the binding - I love sewing bindings on - I just need to get my UFO's to get to that stage ...

Already looking forward to the next Zoom get together!

Happy Easter to you and everyone else

Rose Marie said...

I was very glad and proud of you to finish binding your quilt during zoom. You even had me staying up late to see it through! As mentioned, I have 10 quilts to bind plus 3 more coming back from the LAer. Guess, I'll be able to do the one per month for a while .....

Deb said...

Your weather change will help you in your binding we are just getting over winter so indoors and lockdowns has made it possible for some to do their binding in Canada...don't feel pressure. Your bindings are perfect. I love that floral bunny fabric!!!
I loved meeting the world of quilters (in a nutshell) I had great fun and got alot of hand quilting done looking forward to your next meet and greet!

Christine M said...

Happy Easter Chooky. Sorry I missed the zoom. Hopefully next time. xx

kiwikid said...

Sorry I missed the zooming, hopefully can join in next time. Your over the water tank photos are beautiful. No binding here, one quilt that needs trimming and binding made, I quite enjoy doing binding, shame I didn't take some home with me 😁

Raewyn said...

It was nice to have a quick zoom time, even if only for a wee while. Actually bindings are not a problem for me, but getting the tops quilted is....! Maybe if I got some quilts quilted, I could join in the binding challenge. Cool sky photos. Our son in Antarctica got a really neat one the other day with 4 planets in it - at once! I must share that, it was pretty cool.

dq said...

Oh yeah. Those bindings. I didn't realize it was a challenge you were involved in until now. You are doing great!