Saturday 2 April 2022

Happy days.........

 Its the happiest day of the year.....end of daylight savings.........

It is so dark of a morning at the moment.......If we must have it, it should of finished end of February..........It's just so hard to get started of a morning.........

Having said that I am writing this post at 3.50am due to inability to sleep.........

The days sure are closing in and there has been a drop in the temps and the feeling of the change of season...........Its been a super mild summer...........
&&&
Thanks for all the comments on the "cotton" post..........I love that I have my little plant growing in the garden and a few more of the bolls have popped open.......

4  SLEEPS........OMG I am so excited..........I cannot wait to see the girls.........I need to wash the car and pack it up ASAP incase there is some rain and I need to be able to get out of here sooner........the dirt road is terrible and I noticed so many more potholes/ruts after this last rain this week which was not much.......its beyond normal maintenance repair now.......

Janice and I are going to make our twister quilts at Scrub Stitchin'..........we put it out to the girls if anyone else wanted to join us and there's a few more making some also...........can't wait to see what they all look like.............
I tried to join Rose Marie@Applique 'n Patch in her binding challenge with Mary.......I failed again but I did maybe get a foot done............it's progress but not enough.........I will get one done this month..........

Have a great weekend.........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.........



15 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

I'd say have a blast but probably don't have to!

Jennifer said...

Have fun! We've had a few single figure mornings, this morning is distinctly chilly....and I agree, I don't mind daylight saving but not for so long.

Jeanette said...

Have fun. Look forward to seeing your twister quilt. The flower is gorgeous. Hugs,xx

loulee said...

Hmm, I wonder how much you will get done? Have a great time. You all deserve it.

Jackie said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with the girls.

God bless.

Tracy said...

Hope you have a great time.
I'm with you about the daylight savings. Looking forward to earlier light tomorrow.

Janice said...

Unlike you, I love daylight saving, but I’m very ready for the clock to go back tonight. We will then just have to adjust to the earlier evenings. My twister kit is packed. I can’t wait to start playing. See you soon.

kiwikid said...

I am with Janice, I enjoy daylight savings, but am happy to see it end. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your twister quilt.

Maria said...

Why are you washing your car when you’re going down a gravel road?
Have a wonderful time at Scrub Stitching 🧵 and I look forward to Janice’s and your Twister quilt.

Christine B said...

Sounds like to have a lot of fun to look forward to! Have a great time! Christine xx

Lin said...

The clock change, when it comes always seems such a relief. We have been waking up at sparrow fart so it was great when the clocks went forward and the mornings were darker and a little more sleep was had. We are still wide awake at 7am though. Have fun at scrub stitchin. xx

Barwitzki said...

The garden photo with the sewing machines... the blast...
Blogland is great. Greetings to you til Australia.
I love sewing and crafts... and can't wait to see what comes out of your fabric. Beautiful colors.
We had a fabric market and I went shopping recently... today I finished sewing the t-shirt for my pants. I'm happy.
Happy weekend to you. Viola

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Oh happy day!!!.. no daylight saving!!
Let the celebrations begin!!.. but I’m not washing my car
3 sleeps ✅

Fiona said...

Have a wonderful time... looking forward to seeing your twister...
Hugz

jude's page said...

Good to see an end to daylight saving, look forward to seeing your twister quilts and hearing all about your stitching. You need a binding fairy!!