Monday 18 July 2022

progress and one friend.......

I did work on the churn dash blocks yesterday........I got a friend to go with my one lonely block........
I was working on piecing more but they are not quiet block stage.......
Need a press then get the 3 rows joined......
This pic was along the way.......
The succulents caught my eye when I was filling up the water bottle for the Chookshed......... Looking very healthy.....
I was really more in a cutting mood then sewing so I made use of that and cut heaps of fabric for my Churn dash blocks........ All the pink/burgundies have already been cut...... Still need to cut a lot more background but that will happen.....I have more then enough cut for June/July......
I did start another double churn dash.......
How are your churn dash blocks coming along?
We might have a Churn Dash zoom catch up soon........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue......
PS there was no binding progress.... 
Still need to fix the corners to finish them..... 
See what the week brings......

18 comments:

Chris said...

I was in a cutting mood the other day also. I cut lots of background pieces. Now for the backgrounds and the colours to get together and more blocks made.

loulee said...

Yay, your happy little churn has a friend.
Preparation is great it means you're ready to sew at a moments notice.

Jeanette said...

Love the little friend. Pretty colour. Hugs,xx

Randy D. said...

OOOH your succulents are beautiful!
And your blocks are coming along. I like the idea of doing a lot of cutting if you don't feel like sewing!Very productive!

Fiona said...

lovely churn dashes..... It's great to get lots of cutting done and then when a sewing day comes along you are all ready..... I must do a blog post as I have done another bunch...

Hugz

Lynda said...

Lovely to see some progress :) I love cutting days.

Janet O. said...

Two good looking blocks. Is your double churn dash block a 9" one this time?
Look at all those pieces ready and waiting to be stitched up!
The rest of this month is crazy busy, but if you do a zoom, I will try to check in

kiwikid said...

Good to see your churn dash has a friend. The succulents look wonderful, so healthy. This week is busy but hopefully next week I can make some more churns.

Lin said...

Then there were two! Love the fabrics. xx

Maria said...

Lovely for your Churn to have a friend.
Nice succulents…
Great to have lots cut ready to sew.

Jackie said...

Yeah, a friend for your churn dash block and lots more cut too.

Those succulents look very healthy and are growing very well.

God bless.

Janice said...

Having everything cut will really speed things up. That’s how I managed to have mine completed.

Christine B said...

Love the new little churn dash block and glad the first one has a new friend! Christine xx

Raewyn said...

So glad Lonely Churndash has a friend - lovely blocks. Good on you with the big cutting session - it helps so much when you do sit down to sew.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

If I haven't said already, I just love the fabrics you are making the churn dash blocks with. I'm enjoying seeing these blocks pop up all over the net too.

Tazzie said...

Your churn dash blocks are so pretty. And those green fabrics are just scrumptious, right up my alley!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

dq said...

Churn Dashes do need friends!

Lowry517 said...

I love your churn dash. Would you tell me what size your blocks are and perhaps the cutting requirements? I am about to start a churn dash with Free Spirit mixed pieces.