Tuesday 12 July 2022

weekend wrap......

Saturday I spent in a first aid course....... I've been doing them for years...... It's good to stay current..... Have you done a first aid course? It's so important to know how to provide some help as opposed to standing there feeling helpless........ 
Sunday a pretty big frost started the day off.........So pleased I was in the house as it was toooo cold for the Chookshed for an early start.............
Chookshed Stitchers achieved lots of sewing once again......you need to keep sewing as you keep wanting to make more and more.....when you get show and tell and ideas thrown around it can be dangerous........Anorina just said maybe Chookshed Chatters would suit better...........well we did chat HEAPS and were quite loud at times.........LOL........anyway I was then thinking why I had no comments..........checked the blog and I had not actually hit publish on this post............woops that would be why........
"Anna's Flowers"
the exciting news of zooming sewing this week was that Gail is also coming out to Scrub Stitching also.............I just do not know how I am going to contain myself with excitement.......all my regular buddies and and in international twist of 4 now.......
In between zoom sessions Mr Chooky and I had to go cut some wood...........
I watch while he cuts and I pic up majority of the wood............
Lots of girls popped into both sessions got lots of sewing done...........a couple just chatted but sometimes that is what you need also.....
I would have finished the binding on Anna's Flowers bar for a crappy corner I need to work on in the Chookshed with a machine to re sew what I need to unpick.............
This afternoon I brought another quilt in to bind........I had hope to squish in a tiny bit of sewing on the machine in the Chookshed but I was busy with a course and other things.......I did fix the seam on my work shirt.........so I know my machine still works......lol
Have a great week........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue........

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Anna's Flowers is very pretty! Sorry I didn't make it on Sunday, it's not always a good day. Hopefully next time....

Horsencraft said...

Lovely photos.
Staying current at first aid is a good idea. Never know when you might need to use it.

Horsencraft said...

It always makes my day when I get to hang out with the Scrub Stitchers. I always learn so much and enjoy the many laughs..Scrub Stitchin' is going to be awesome next year with our international friends joining in.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such fun to chat with the Chookshed Stitchers, thanks for having the Zoom!

ButterZ said...

oh you are funny. post, post, post.
It was a great Sunday... Thankyou

loulee said...

It was a good weekend Chooky, thanks again to you for rounding us all up and inviting us in. I made some progress with Lucy of course.
Yes my first aid certificate is up to date.

Karen's Korner said...

It is always a fun Zoom session. Every job needs to have a doer and a supervisor. You are on a roll with those bindings.

Jeanette said...

Always enjoy a Zoom session. Lovely scenic photo's. Hugs,

Helen said...

That is a very pretty fabric in your quilt.....
I just didn't get to zoom this time but it looks like there was a lot of fun for all....

Lin said...

Years since I did a first aid course but you are so right, it is good to keep up to date. Pretty floral quilt. xx

jude's page said...

Good to catch up with you for a brief time Sunday, at least I am getting some bindings done, although better slow down, so there is some for the fairy to do!

cityquilter grace said...

yes zoom was terrific as always! good for gail....i am a fearful flyer so that long on a plane is not for me...perhaps we should have a northern hemisphere version, hmmm?

Flickenstichlerin said...

Was a great Zoom session Chooky, thank you for the invite.

Janet O. said...

What pretty florals in your quilt!
It was delightful, as always, to Zoom. Funny how sometimes we have had a quiet bunch, but that was not the case this time around.
Glad to hear you sewing machine is still functional, if a little lonely.
Wow--love that last shot of the clouds across that great expanse of sky!

kiwikid said...

Always enjoy a zoom session. I haven't' had a first aide update for years. Beautiful photo out doors there.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Glad you all had a good time! I guess I missed the email, hopefully next time! xx