Saturday 23 July 2022

the week that wasn't......

Mr Chooky was away this week and I had grand plans........its like freedom week.......eat what I want when for dinner......all the things he doesn't like.......no one complaining if I am reading something on my phone in the wee hours of the night........but I am not so brave and the first night I spooked myself......which I can do easy......first nights sleep is never good but after that it should settle down.........BUT..........no a couple of neighbours had some visitors in the middle of the night.........not the ones you invite.....not going into the whole story but that stuffed the rest of the nights sleeping while Mr Chooky was away..........
I had plans to work on the churn dash blocks.......I got these blocks ironed........not trimmed also.........the fabric in the background I didn't draw a line on for 1/2 sq triangles.........seriously.......lack of sleep buggered everything.......I had some churn dash blocks almost done that I didn't even finish piecing.........
sunrise this morning had a gorgeous glow.........
Enjoy your weekend..........
Chookyblue...........
PS does anyone know where my sewing pouch is with all the wot nots?????

20 comments:

Fiona said...

It's a pain when a week is buggered up like that..... x
Hugz

kiwikid said...

No fun when you can't sleep, sounds like the wrong kind of visitors! I hope they stayed away from your place. Beautiful sunset. I am sure your churns will go together when you are better rested. Don't know where your sewing pouch might be sorry !!

Jackie said...

So sorry that you were not able to sleep while Mr. Chooky was gone. I do hope the unwanted visitors stayed away from your place.

God bless.

Karen's Korner said...

The best laid plans of mice and men. Hopefully the rest of the week is better.

Maria said...

Sorry you got spooked 😳…. Sure put a bummer on the rest of your week ….

Jennifer said...

I don't have your sewing pouch, so you can cross that off.....bugger about the unwanted visitors, that's not so good when you're on your own.

Annelein said...

It had to be a good and nice week for you. But uninvited visitors in de neighbourhood isn't good for your sleep. Aspecially when you're home alone. But not even quilting??? mrs. Chooky isn't doing well at all. Hope you get a good sleep as soon as mr Chooky returns. Have a nice weekend. xxx

Lin said...

What a shame! And a waste of a week. xx

Raewyn said...

Wrong kind of visitors alright, the rotten sods. I hope you can relax and stitch soon. Nup sorry, can't help you with your pouch either!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

No fun when you are too nervous to sleep with unwanted visitors at the neighbors. Would this be the furry variety? Perhaps they will move on and you can enjoy a day or two of relaxation and have a nice dinner of the things the mr doesn't like.

ButterZ said...

That doesn’t sound like fun. No sew or sleep. Bugger…

Rose Marie said...

Napping for half an hour would do you good and you will wake up refreshed and ready to go. I do that now and what a difference to my mood and sewing. Sorry about those visitors.

Janet O. said...

I hope they catch those uninvited visitors soon!
Love that sunrise photo.
Have you located your sewing pouch yet? I looked around my sewing room, but I didn't see it anywhere. LOL

loulee said...

Un invited visitors are not good. Such a shame your week of freedom was messed up. Your sewing pouch will be in the last place you look for it.

Ondrea said...

Have you looked in that safe place you put everything in and forget about lol? Oh dear. Not a very good experience for you alone. Must have been scarey. Hope you have had some sleep since.

Susie said...

I hate when you're secretly looking forward to something, especially the little things and they don't turn out like the way you hoped. For five weeks I've been hoping to have all the kids at school and hubby at work..........nope. Today is first day in five week and he's home and I have second bout of covid (asymptomatic and grateful) and isolating.....
At least I have work to do.........

Janice said...

Blast! Don’t you hate that. Let’s hope those visitors have left the area for good. Hopefully your head will be in the right frame of mind for churn dashes soon.

Lynda said...

I'm with you - generally I don't have a problem sleeping but every so often I'm spooked too. Hope you've found your sewing pouch.

Jenny said...

That is no good at all next time get a couple of stitchers out to stay the week with you for company or may be a couple of big dogs ....

dq said...

It is hard to sleep with them gone. I cannot believe the security we feel having them around.
Love the sunrise photo!