Sunday 31 July 2022

the saga continues......

Terrible photos of this quilt..... The colours are so wrong but besides that in my clean up while on leave I dug this quilt out...... Pops it on the board....... It's looking very scrappy i know when it got out away something was going wrong when I was joining the rows so I needed to unpick some blocks but but but I can't remember what was wrong so I will need to put the pattern out and see that the blocks were right to start with.........
But........ 
There was a corner missing.......I searched high and low.... Pulled all the fabric together that I knew were part of this quilt........I could not find the corner.......I had even taken the scraps near these fabrics inside to sort thru and iron in the hope I found the missing pieces......But nothing......
Fast forward a month and a memory came up in my photos.......
hhhmmmmmm 2013 or 2009 I can't remember.....
I was so excited to see this...... The colours are a little better....... Maybe not as creamy in the background.......
Look at the photo.......
Yep a corner is missing...... Yes just flip the photo but mystery solved.......
The corner was missing way back when.......
So I have stopped looking.......
I will need to make sure I can find enough of the background but I can find other fabrics to make two corners.......
Separately
I had also lost some work clothes...... 
Turns out I put them away in a new spot.......
Not coping with being organised..... Lol
I did get a binding finished last night so Rose Marie will be happy I met the challenge.......That's great...... I'll try finish the last two today to meet the goal for July........ As I can hand stitch while I'm chatting to the old folks.........
I've done something I haven't done for ages...... connected the TV up so I can watch some of the Commonwealth Games...... Anyone else watching?????
Trying to get some more churn dash blocks finished..... While I'm making progress I may not make July by my time....... Might by the time the last  USA time zone comes around......
Rain is forecast this week so that will be nice but I need to get lots of other stuff done before I head away for the night........
Have a great Sunday......
Chookyblue......



20 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That's a funky quilt and I'm sure you'll get that corner piece sorted and quilt finished before long.

I've only watched the little bit of swimming in the mornings of the commonwealth games so far. Love watching the Aussies in the pool.

Janet O. said...

Looks to me like a tricky quilt to put together. Good thing you had that previous photo pop up to help you realize there wasn't a corner. Now you can hunt for something else you can't find, instead. :)

Jennifer said...

Well, that's a relief....the missing corner pieces have never been missing, it seems! Some rain will be welcome, it's been quite a dry winter her - or so my skin, hair and eyes keep telling me.

kiwikid said...

Good the mystery was solved. You are doing really well with the binding blitz.

Lin said...

Mystery of the disappearing quilt piece solved! - looking forward to seeing it put together sometime soon. xx

ButterZ said...

Enjoy the rain and the games.I am not watching them. Been too busy

cityquilter grace said...

glad you found your pieces and got them sorted right...you do dabble in all sorts of styles!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I miss things too. I sewed the HST's for the next group of churn dash blocks, then sewed the sides. While I was sewing the blocks together, I'm missing 1 HST! I've searched everywhere for it, even dug through the wastebaskets. It's not there. I know as soon as I cut more pieces, I'll find it. Oh well, happy stitching!

Maria said...

So annoying when bits go missing but I'm sure you'll work it out...
Great job on the binding .
I've only watched bits of the Commonwealth Games...

Flickenstichlerin said...

I like the Saga blocks, nice pattern with all the different colors. Will go stitch up some churn dash blocks.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You'll figure out that corner. Have fun watching the games. For us, American football begins this coming Thursday with the Hall of Fame game and induction weekend. I can't wait!!

loulee said...

I'm sure that once you put your mind to it, the corner will be sorted in no time.
The binding is going well, how many left?

Fiona said...

that is quite an unusual quilt block.... at least you can see what needs to be done now. Binding marathon is going well...

Hugz

dq said...

I hope you can create the missing corner and get this UFO finished. It will feel great! Perhaps that is why you put it away in the first place.

Rose Marie said...

Yay you for getting July binding done! Mary and I both got ours done and there will be a post soon. Good thing for old photos to see where you left off with a project. You had a good aha moment! Love that project!

Jenny said...

Not your usual colours but I'm sure it will be nice when its done. Go girl with those challenges. Yes I've have been watching the games for the last 2 days too sick to do anything else.

Jackie said...

What a different quilt. I am glad you figured out the problem.

Our son is avidly watching the Commonwealth games.

God bless.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely quilt and glad to see someone else working on old UFO's. I've just quilted 2 made around 2000 or similar. Not watching the Games, but like to see how we are going on the news. Raining here again this evening and looks bad for the rest of the week here in Gippsland. Look forward to seeing the quilt finished. Take care & hugs.

Janice said...

Good luck with getting the top together. It will be a good feeling. It won’t matter if the corner background is slightly different, just think of all those early quilts with a mismatched fabric.

Marika said...

how beautiful will this quilt be. I'm so excited about your work.
Marika