Thursday 14 July 2022

starlink......

So I read I could see the Starlink satellites this morning  so I hopped out of bed in the time recommended...... Layed up..... Felt/heard the crunch of the frosty grass under my shoes and went out the back of the yard where I could see the sky better...... Looking around wondering if I would see anything given we have such a bright moon setting........(just looked up it is a full moon)....... Anyway I looked up again and there they were.... Right in the suggested time (5.36-5.44AM)...... No way you could miss seeing them.......I wonder what they would look like on a dark night.........I think I counted 46.........While they are no good for astronomy and more junk eventually in the sky I did think they were extremely cool to see.......
Even better they turned out in the pic..... Have you seen them?
Friday 5.55am they suggested I might just go out again to see them again........
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue......

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

They would be interesting to see as i've never seen them. Cool photo. Hugs,

Ma Betty said...

My daughter uses Starlink as she has basically very poor communication where she is. I had no idea they were multiple satellites. I just googled Starlink and found all sorts of interesting things.

Nancy said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

cityquilter grace said...

oh that is awesome!

Jackie said...

That is so cool.

God bless.

Flickenstichlerin said...

cool

Sandi said...

Fabulous - your photo turned out brilliantly - I thought it wouldnt be as clear in the photo - well worth the loss of sleep and the chill of the morning air. A magical experience - well done..xx

Kris said...

Wow, that really is cool!! I wonder if they could have been seen in the United States?

Lin said...

What a lovely sight and a great photo!

ButterZ said...

thats a wonderful surprise. lovely view

Christine B said...

Wow! That's exciting! Christine xx

loulee said...

Great pic, I've never seen them. Might have a look in to my chances tomorrow morning.....

Rose Marie said...

What a sight to see .... I wonder if we have them way up here? Will have to check.

Janet O. said...

Love that! Thanks for the cool photo!

kiwikid said...

Never seen them, but then I am not often out of bed that early!! Amazing photo.

Raewyn said...

Very cool - that's a big linkup of satellites!

Janice said...

Yep, that’s cool. I’ll see if I can see them sometime at home.