Tuesday 4 December 2007

Bogged.......

Driving to the bus yesterday was not a great drive...........we had more rain just before the bus run...............the horses were very muddy.........got there okay with the heart beating faster then it should have.............
Driving home was a different story ds took these pics.............they love it when it is wet I HATE it..............they think it is fun.......
All goes okay except for a couple of paddocks and then it is like glass and very slippery and we drive off in the paddocks so as not to dig up the road but I just couldn't get back up on the road.............

All was going well until we were not lining up this ramp and ended up in the table drains on the side and we were bogged in a big water hole...............


We had to wait a while until dh got home and he came down to pull us out................then he tells me that the tyres don't have much tread............if I had know that I would not have taken the ute................so a 1/2hr job takes 2 hours..............and lots of mud.................


More rain again last night................plenty of people on the other side of my local town are not really getting anything so I will not complain but next time I will go on the four wheel motor bike................I know I will get there and back................
--------------take care--------------

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chookyblue, I'm especially loving your photos. Especially that bottom landscape one.
While I was being good & cleaning out my email I delelted yours so am replying here.
We're getting heaps of rain. Especially at 3:15 yesterday when I picked up my son from school - we got drenched!! He loved it.
My parents and my sister and her family live on a property much like yours. I love it and looking at your photos reminds me of them.

Joyce said...

We are having similar problems here but with snow to get stuck in. At least you can shovel snow. Lol.

Bloom said...

Sorry Chookyblue, but this post just made me laugh! We had a farm with heavy clay soils when I was growing up, & I so remember Mum wrestling with the four wheel drive trying to get us home from the bus stop. It got to point where it didn't matter which way the steering wheel was pointing, the vehicle just slid where it chose. As kids, we thought it was a hoot, slip sliding all over the place. Getting bogged was never fun though. No mobile phones in those days, so it usually meant walking home! Sorry to laugh at your predicament. I'm guessing it was no laughing matter at the time!

Donna said...

Country life is never mundane. I envy you. I can just picture my kids running around the ute thinking it was fantastic to be bogged with me doing my block over the mud!!! The most exciting thing to happen to us in the Blue Mountains when it rains is the hectic breeding habits of the frogs in our pond! Fantastic pics by the way.

Bianca said...

Oh my...I love the photos and would move to the country this minute...if only I could get my city-boy to come. I love your stories & pics...even though some of them must frustrate you.

Loooooove horses...but the city is no place for a horse.
Maybe I should have applied for that program on channel 9 (the farmer wants a wife) but I love my city-boy too much..maybe I can convince him to come live near a big country town.

Pam said...

Boy - looks like quite the adventure!! How many km's is it to the nearest town? Do your children go in to town to go to school? I guess it might be hard to chose which is worse - dust or rain!!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you don't need me to visit for a while? Couldn't even if I wanted to Hah!

Annie said...

Oh dear ... better than no rain though. Keep smiling!

Unknown said...

Oh my word Donna - we've had tons of rain (and just about any other weather condition except snow and fog) here but I'm eternally grateful it's all tarmac between home and the places I need to get to :o)