Thursday 27 December 2007

Wriggly interuption

Sorry i interupt these present posts to show you what was just on my back door step...............

baby was here earlier when dh was talking on the phone it slithered along to near the step where he was sitting............then..............

he just went to answer the phone again and here we go again but this time it was Mumma (well we asume) on the step..............yikes..........

baby up close..........

together..........yuk.........thanks goodness we got them as they are far to close for my liking.........

if we had the phone working things would be okay but as the mobile only works sitting on a window sill and you have to make a mad run to get to it and then grab it and head out the door for better service this was very nearly a disaster as dh nearly stepped on it............must be due to all the flooding and they are trying to find a new home.............well not near me thanks............

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaah! Aaaaah! Snakes are my biggest fear. Is that a black snake? I would just die to have that on my doorstep.

julieQ said...

Yucky!! Are they poisonous? Or just a bull snake?
Hope you had a marvelous holiday!!
Julie

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad none of you were bitten. Thats very scary.

jodie said...

No thankyou, you can keep them, can't stand snakes. Jodie

dutchcomfort said...

I’m not afraid of snakes but I would not want any of those slippery sneaky things on my doorstep!

Anonymous said...

Glad no one got bitten, but poor snakes. My dh wants to know what kind of a snake it was, he can't tell from the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

How scary to have this on your backdoor step or anywhere for that matter...snakes belong far away in the long grass...no where near humans!!!Hope is is well gone by now!!

Annie said...

Yikes is right!!! Far too close for my liking too!!! Be careful out there - I'm sure it would be due to the flooding.

Unknown said...

Oh yuck! I probably would have fainted!!

Thimbleanna said...

EEEWwwwwww!!!! Did you have to show us that????? ;-) What kind of snake is it? It must be poisonous? Must be the floods that bring them out? Or is this a common occurence? Glad you got them.

Unknown said...

What happens if the snake bites you? I think it is creepy, I am glad they went away.

Grazia said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! I would die with a snake on my door!!!...I have a big trouble with them!
Grazia

Christine said...

We had a snake in our backyard last week so I know how horrible it is. Unfortunately ours is still at large! My precious pets have been confined to the house. I am too scared to let them out. Oliver the cat is just too inquisitive when it comes to wildlife.

Jeanne said...

That doesn't look good! I would have screamed so loud you could hear me around the world.