Wednesday 26 November 2008

SSCS DEADLINES...........and others........

As some asked for more pics from last year (you can always go back to late Dec early Jan for the 12(?) posts) some more gifts made by the girls who are in the swap for the second year.........beautiful gifts.........

Now allow me to get serious for a minute......

.........all the Swap Mamma's put a lot of time into a swap............it is not something that you do in 5 minutes............AND you all like joining into swaps............BUT after reading some blogs and chatting to some of the organisers lately I know there are quite a few people who are not playing by the rules set by the Swap Mamma's......

.......THE DEADLINES....

.........this is very important.......not only for the parcels to make there way to the receivers but make life EASIER for the Swap Mamma's..........even more important for mine as the idea is to have a present under the tree for Christmas Day..........

If you want people to continue organising swaps play by the rules..........

No more news on Mar but I have organised presents for her reciever and also another girl who needed some help - but these have been in contact to explain situation........

....there are about 60 Santa's to send yet...........maybe a dozen of these have emailed me to let me know when they are posting and why............this is the only polite thing to do if you can't make the deadline...........

I will only run another swap next year if people follow thru this year.............making it a successful swap for 2008.............

Go and read this post here that has a link to a post on Swap Etiquette...........

inbetween the pile of emails I have been receiving I have sewn up a storm..........but as it is all SSCS I can't show you anything.........wonder where it will end up...........off to help Fairy Girl with her swap present..........

.............a worried little Elf Chookyblue

PS thanks for the wonderful messages I am getting about how much fun and excitement people are getting and also how hard it has been for some to post off their parcels as they wanted to keep what they made............makes my day special.......

a couple of girls have opened presents others aren't even game to open the box just incase the temptation gets to great.........that will be me.....leave the box sealed.........lol...place directly under Christmas tree which will be put up this weekend.........

fun, thoughtfulness and happiness.........that's what I want from the swap..........

11 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well said. I hope a few don't ruin it for the rest. Everyone certainly has had plenty of time to work on their swaps and get them posted. A worried Elf is not a happy Elf!!! I would love to participate again next year.

jacquie said...

if you need any last minute help, don't hesitate to contact me...i don't want someone to go without. i'd be happy to pitch in.

Jenny said...

Well said Ms Elfie-hope today is less of a worry for you-thanks for all the effort you put in.

Ginger Patches said...

So you mean we are allowed to open before Christmas?? Oh dear--now I'm going to be even more tempted lol!!

May Britt said...

I know some of my friends are willing to hide my package until christmas. They are threatening me with it LOL

Leanne said...

On yu ...for laying down the rules.

Annie said...

I will be strong when mine arrives Chook, I promise!

Lily Mulholland said...

Good on you!

Love all the mail you've been receiving lately! Esp the fabric from Provincial Patch. Yummy!

Sonia said...

Oh I will be good I promise...I have so enjoyed shopping and planning and making....I look forward to having another go next year...hope we all play nice and you do it again Chooky.

Trudi said...

Keep your chin up! You can count on me if you get stuck.

Anonymous said...

You have put so much into this Ms Elfy don't let a few get you down...think of all the parcels that have been posted so far. Please, please do another next year as we shouldn't have to go without because a few meanies. For those of you who haven't posted yet remember the Christmas spirit and all the work Chooky has done for us.
I dont know if I can be naughty or nice when my parcel comes...do you think there will be any SSCS police around when it arrives?
Hugs Shells