Wednesday 5 November 2008

updates and invasions...........

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my garden.............I must say I have lots of bouganvilleas and they give such value in my hot dry climate.............outside is looking good .............inside I am battling a mouse plague...............I had a small invasion a week to 10 days ago but since Sunday afternoon I have caught 25 .......yep you read that right............they have moved on in..........the site of us chasing one around the kitchen with the brooms the other night would have made funniest home videos I am sure............today we pulled out the big guns so hopefully that will be the end of that...........I am not scared of them but they are such a filthy little animal..............enough of that on to the good stuff...............

A few people asked what range these fabrics were from............ Woodland Bloom by Lila Tueller for MODA (right) floral says pattern no 16010 and the (left)spot says Pattern no 16012

Anni Downs - Hatched and Patched's new book "The world as it should be" (I showed the kits here) is now available on her website..............click here and scroll down.........retails $21.80AUD.........also kits should be available any day or so .........email and annoy Pete (Anni's dh) if you can't find them on the website............

edit: no need to hassle Pete the kits are now up on the same spot as the book.............

.........take care til next time.............
.......Chookyblue.......

... if you want to see where fairies live head over here..........I believe in fairies..........do you?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fabric...really pretty! I am waiting on my book and kit to arrive from hatched and patched...fingers crossed it will be tomorrow. I have chills thinking about those litte rodents...yuk! Good luck with that situation! Jo xo

Leanne said...

Oh poor you a mouse plague isn't fun. Love that fabric.

Kris said...

I can't stand rodents! We have never had a plague, but we are plagued with them constantly! I get your pain!!!

Julie said...

You too. Not in our house but at the house we rented for the weekend. We had one pesky one which at one stage I was chasing around trying to swat with the mop much to everyone else's amusement. They are disgusting little things.

Jenny said...

Yuk! to the mice plague-Yum to the fabric and yes I do believe in fairies!!

Lurline said...

Love The World As It Should Be - great fabrics, too, - poor little mice, but I've had to do the same thing many years ago in Mount Isa, Qld.
Hugs - Lurline!

Cathy said...

EKKK!! Mice...filthy, dirty, yuck!!! Would have loved to see you chasing them with a broom!!! Thanks for the link to Anni's new book, am keen to buy that one too...I love all her stuff!! Cathy

Jodie said...

I believe in fairies too chooky, We have a fairy swing in our cherry tree for them to use.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh no...hope you get rid of them little monsters real soon...can´t be fun at all!!!
Annis new book is just a must have!!!

CT said...

I do believe in faeries!!!

mmmm.... perchance the mice are not mice at all but little naughty magical beings playing pranks on you?

Anyway, it shucks....hehe ;D Love the fabrics, hon!

em's scrapbag said...

The fabric is wonderful. Fresh and fun. I think I would die if I that kind of mouse problem. I am scared to death of the little furry creatures.

Julie said...

Yikes - Mice!! And they have that certain smell - eewww.

Nancy said...

Oh I love the Woodland Bloom fabrics......... now I might have to get me some of that LOL

Hugs,
Nancy

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

What a bummer about the mice. Hope you get them all. Love the fabric!!! The Anni Downs new book, and the kits look fantastic. Cant wait to see your needle case and pillow finished.