Thursday 23 August 2007

Friend's quilt needs a name.................

At lunch one day, quite awhile ago, my friend was telling me about a quilt she had made and got quilted but still had to sew the binding on................I told her to get into it..........on Tuesday we talked about her calling out today after she finished work..........she turned up and she brought the quilt along to show me.............


..............she brought along the binding also and I decided to give her a hand to put the binding on................it is a bigger check and she was thinking originally to cut it on the diagonal but that was straining our brains to much to work out if we had enough material so we just cut as normal and I sewed it on (finally I have done some machine sewing this week) and tonight she is going home to start hand sewing the binding down.......


..............then she saw one of my quilt labels and thought it was lovely and asked where did I get it ......I had a spare so gave her one of my great Anni Downs Hatched and Patched quilt labels...........she was so happy.........

(sorry about the blothces on the lens it has left some spots on the pic)

.......now for the problem we need your help to decide on a name for the quilt...........please comment and leave a quilt name suggestion I will pass them onto my friend..........hopefully she is at home with a drink stitching away..........

14 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi thanks for the warm welcome over at my new place! I look forward to my new community... What about 'bullseye squared' for a name?
nice work!

Teodo said...

Ciao, I think "EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD"

Katie said...

Gosh, I love the colors. It glows, almost like sun and shadow, though that's a name for another design. It also looks like mosaic floor tiles...or a "path to somewhere". LOL well that's not much help, is it!

Judy B said...

It is beautiful and the first thought I had was "Simply Autumn"

Anonymous said...

Just when I saw this quilt, I thought about a french Poet Paul Eluard who said "the Earth is blue as an orange". It is long but... ;)

Helen said...

I'll first write down the name and then look if others thought of it. It reminds me of autumn (in europe). The colours are similar. I think autumn would be a nice name for this quilt.

dutchcomfort said...

My first idea was Indian Summer. My husband told me about it when he visited the US, about the heat and the colours en the days getter shorter, the evenings with sunsets and darkblue skies. This is what I think an Indian Summer looks like.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt, nothing like getting a "kick in the butt" from a kind friend. LOL.
I think "Quilt with a View" as it looks like a window in the middle.
You will have to keep on to her to finish the binding and take another photo.

Floss said...

Naming quilts can be so hard. How about Autumn View.

Unknown said...

Your header looks very nice with these flowers. I am empty about names!

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done in motivating your friend! I vote for 'In a Spin'.

Annie said...

What about Cross Roads-it's great when a friend gives you a boost along like that. Well Done!
I need you to visit me and my unfinished quilts!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I'm not voting, just saying Hi and that it is gorgeous, Tracey

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Pathway to Autumn