Tuesday 14 December 2010

Christmas ornaments

I can show you the ornament I made for the SSCS.......Anita has received my parcel.......
......actually I have had lots of fun with this pattern and the tree below as Fairy Girls class at school made either a tree or star as their Christmas crafting for their parents...........lessons in how to thread a gazillion needles here...........but considering most of the kids had never sewn anything they have done so well and all really enjoyed the projects....boys and girls........I conned another Mum into helping too and unfortunately I missed out yesterday when lots of the kids were finishing up their projects......I wished I had seen them all finished........
....They are based on Anni Downs Tis the Season pattern.........simplified for the kids..........
I don't have a photo yet of the one Fairy Girl finished at school but while she was flooded in she made the 2 above and below for her 2 teachers............
while flooded in she also made this pincushion...........her Dad helped with the thread wrapping but she did pretty good. Her patients is lasting a lot longer so makes it much nicer for us to sew together...........and she is learning and remembering how to do more and more.............confidence increasing..........
SALE
And if you need a little something for yourself don't forget Kerry's 12 days of Christmas sale......
...I have a few things already...
.....postage is free on all sale items......
.....she has some great deals so make sure you check it out...........
&&&
11 sleeps til Christmas...........
don't forget to let me know if your SSCS parcel has arrived........
and no peeping in the main presents...............not long now..........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

10 comments:

Isabella said...

Looks like you will have another crafter in the family she has done a wonderfull job on the decorations but that pin cushion is really great I havent even tried one of those yet must give it a go.

gracie said...

Your little girl is doing some fine stitching!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Cute ornaments...
Good to see the next generation of stitchers coming along so nicely...well done Fairy Girl...

Leanne said...

Well done Fairy Girl I like the pin cushion. It is nice to think she enjoys sewing and you can share the passion.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How good is this girl....she is so cleaver...I am sure Anita loved her ornie Chooky...

Sandi said...

Lovely ornaments! It is great that you can share your love of sewing with your daughter.

Sue said...

A true crafter in the making.
It doesn't seem so long ago I threaded my daughter's needles. now she threads mine....but only when the light's bad.

Lynn said...

Such a pretty pincushion, good for fairy girl. Maybe I could learn some patience from her! That's a good quality to have. Cute ornament yours.

AnitaS said...

Soon there will be another quilter in your family. Nice to do things with your daughter. The ornament is hanging in my tree.

jo said...

Such a lovely pin cushion and great teachers presents your girl has made well done to her.