Saturday 4 December 2010

is really really really wet to much..........

Is really really really wet to much for you to cope with............worst part is MORE rain is forecast..............not much for the next few days but then and few more inchs..............
last night it poured...........we had maybe an inch forecast and we got 2.5 inchs................so now since last Sunday morning we are around 9 inchs...............
I don't have garden water front views like early this year but I can sit on the lounge and see water everywhere.............and lots of it.............
I had to move some cattle so they didn't get stuck in flood water..............lucky we can call these and they come..............get a few and the other 99 follow.............
Mr Chookyblue, Bookworm and the neighbour had to go and rescue some sheep standing on an island..........sorry no photos...........just out the front........looking back towards the creek..........
This is another leech Bookworm found at the dam.............
He had the yabby traps in still so Rumi these pics are for you..........
one up close..........you eat the meat in the claws and the tails...........
and this is what we call a shrimp.........only get about this size at our place and good for fishing bait...........
the creek here is my road to town..............see all that water in the foreground on the paddock.................most of our property is like that...........the cows and sheep are sick of the water.............especially the sheep..........
I'm just sick of washing and drying wet/muddy clothes............
worst part was this morning when the power went off for a few hours...........felt like the end of the world......my life line to everything happening was gone.........if I didn't feel isolated before - I did then.........and the phone keeps cutting out when you're trying to talk to people........
BUT......
....this afternoon we did get some cleaning done and Fairy Girl and I have been putting up Christmas decorations...........it's so exciting pulling out all my special goodies from blog friends.................brings back such wonderful memories..........what swap/gift...........who from............very special...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

23 comments:

Margaret said...

I feel for you , all that water, and the mud and everything else that comes with floods. But hey Yabbies for tea , oh! I could go that. My advent pressie this morning was beautiful cards I am really blessed.

BubzRugz said...

thanks for the update.... thinking of you......
Hugz

Anita said...

(((((HUGS))))

gracie said...

I can not even imagine what you are going through! I have to compliment you on your wonderful attitude though! Keep us posted....the yabbies are like our lobsters.....not crazy about the leeches howeever!

dutchcomfort said...

Oh boy, Mother Nature should better spread those rain showers. We are already in the midst of Winter with lots of snow. She must be confused!
Yabbies for tea.. they remind me of one of your posts from long ago and me not knowing what yabbies were!
Take care!

Lorraine said...

Sounds like there isn't much let up for you with the rain.....take care - Bookworm is quite the hunter and gatherer isn't he! Keeping the family alive with yabbies! glad Mr CB got into town and back with the milk and mail. Hot here today with some storms forecast for tomorrow...stay dry! you will be ok as long as you don't run out of sewing supplies.

AnitaS said...

I hope your power stays on, so we can give you a little comfort with our wishes. I am stuck to the house too but because of the snow. But when needed we can go with the car to the shops, very slow.

Janice said...

We were inspired by your last yabbie post and have christened our trap. It is in the dam now. We'll check it tomorrow and see if we have caught any of the little critters. I think everyone has had just about enough of the rain. Are't blackouts the pits. We had one last night for a couple of hours while I was cooking tea.

Leanne said...

We have been seeing on Sky how wet you are. I hope it soon dries up for you. It is still 32C here at the moment so will send you some warmth to dry you out.

Fee said...

I really do hope and pray that it eases for you all including all of your animals - How are you going for supplies now?

Susan said...

Water water everywhere . . . - we are a bit wet here too - but not so much as you - and it doesnt affect our livlihood - its more a nuisance factor for us in the "burbs" (of Brisbane) - nfortunatley it seems we may have a lot of rain for months yet. But I am happy sewing rain or shine.
Hope you dont get too flooded in nor lose power too often. \O/

Terry said...

Wow! That's a lot of water! Hope your power stays on now. One December right before Christmas we had an ice storm and it took down power lines all over the state. Thankfully we have a woodburner so we were able to keep warm. We were without power and phone for three days, but other people were without for several weeks. I know just what you mean about feeling isolated.

Grethe said...

Oh,dear me,sorry for you all with this lots of water. (love seeing the craw-fish,used to catch them, for a lovely meal!!)
We are into -18 below zero on Celcius,which is extreamlly cold.
Happy Quilting,Chookyblue:-)

Yvette said...

Yikes! I am a chicken and would be inside all day and night until it dries up.

Cindy said...

Wow...that really is a lot of water! I feel for you. You must be thinking it's time to start building an ark! I hope this all passes soon for you.

The yabbies remind me of the last time I visited my sister in Arkansas. She had a crawfish (that's what they call them) boil for me. They boil up water, add special seasoning, once boiling they add potatoes, corn on the cob, and sausage. When those things are done they add the crawfish. Once everything is cooked they spread newspaper all over a table and put the food in the middle and everyone gathers around to eat. It was such a tasty and fun meal!

Deb said...

You have had a lot of rain and I think there will be more to come... It is nice to have some rain for the garden and crops but not it should know when to stop :0)

Cardygirl said...

Thinking of you all!

loulee said...

Hoping you dry out soon.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Been thinking about you guys...hope you manage to stay dry and have enough high ground for the stock...so over the rain and over the mozzies too...

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Update...hope it lets up soon for you..know what you mean about the washing...
Hope you get to chill out with some stitching....
cheers

Julia said...

we've seen it on the news..so much water!
I think losing power would be terrible..
Hope it all clears up soon Chooky.
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Sink or swim?? Hope you're swimming!

Lori said...

soggy soggy soggy. wet sheep remind me of wet wool socks! Are you as flat as where I live? Flat flat area of South Dakota. Row crops everywhere. And when we get 5+ inches of rain--well, no where for it to drain. Just has to soak in. But at least its green when you get too much rain. And weeds. Lots of weeds!