Thursday 2 December 2010

progress............

I wasn't much fun for Maree to chat to this morning as I was a little ho hum with everything happening weather wise...........she was yesterday - today I was..........anyway the day improved greatly.......
...worked on various projects in between doing some washing and ironing..........trying to tidy the house so we can get up the xmas tree.............that is the bribery anyway...........slowly working at it.........we have plenty of time with this wet weather..........1/2 an inch of rain during the night but nothing today.........some sun so I got into the curtains in my room and washed them too..........
the kids played out in the water heaps............they are gone for ages then come back with exciting finds.............we have lots of water running around the house across paddocks and  in drains etc..........
this is a tiny yabbie Bookworm found today............actually  this one is big compared to a couple of others........this one is less the 2cm and another one he showed me was not much more then 1cm.............I have no idea how he even sees them in the water to start with.............even Fairy Girl was back out in the water today...........learning all her brothers tricks........precious life experiences in nature............coming back in with soaking wet clothes.........they have walked km's today with no shoes..........such little bush kids..............

but this afternoon we went to the neighbours on the 4 wheel motor bike......(the kids walked thru water all the way)........the road still has lots of water over it.....so the 4 wheeler is the go.....anyway I traced this stitchery off and took it with me and got he whole thing done while enjoying a bottle of wine............another stitchery for A Gardener's Journal that I have lost the plot on but I have a deadline so I HAVE to get it done...............

Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

13 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Chooky, at least you are still working on your GJ blocks, it would be so easy to just forget it eh?
I wish we had your rain. We live on the wetest coast of NZ yet our water tanks are just about empty and we will soon have to buy in water! Bring on the rain I say ; ))
hugs
Miche'le

Kris said...

That is the smallest yabbie I have ever seen! Actually, I haven't seen one for years. Sounds like a pretty good day.

Leanne said...

Chin up my friend the weather is crazy I hope it soon all dries out.

gracie said...

Sounds like a busy day...at least some of it was fun!

Unknown said...

Bush Kids have the Best Adventures I reckon...at least the Afternoon made up for the Morning duldrums...
cheers

Fee said...

Hehehe - I have visions of you riding a 4 wheelere through the flood waters - Stitchery under one arm - Bottle of loveliness under the other - Gotta love wine o'clock. Good for you - Like your stitchery too :)

suzitee said...

Your positive attitude is so inspiring Chooky...keep your chin up! Great job on the GJ...I so love the stitcheries done in one colour. We could do with some rain over here in the West...hope it dries up a bit for you soon xxx

Ivona said...

Nice blog, I hope to join SSCS 2011. Greetings from Slovakia (Europe) :-)

Jeanne said...

Glad your day was a good one. Kids always seem to find a way to have fun. Now finish that stitchery! :)

Lorraine said...

The kids will hold memories of these days forever...can't beat learning "on the ground" so to speak...the weather is all over the place at the moment - we are getting fine mornings with afternoon thunder storms. Almost tropical - the weekend is going to be 35 - very steamy after all the rain. Love that you got on the 4 wheeler and went visiting! at least you haven't run out of wine - I don't think my stitchery would be as neat if I drank while I was stitching LOL

manda said...

Oh gosh! So cute!!!! Y6ou should totally let the kids keep one as a pet, they're excellent little pets! It's been raining constantly here for the past 2 weeks and today it's heavier than ever! everything is flooding and I'm going to have mozzies to look forward to once it all stops. Just fabulous. I've already had ross river fever and cytomegalo virus. Not to mention the countless scars I have from mozzies past... do you get them bad after the rain?

Aussie Nanna said...

Bookworm has the best eyesight!!
Hope you enjoyed the visit with your neighbour.....take care

Janet said...

I have loads of projects I've lost the plot on, lol. I love the way you put that. Yay for the rain but some sun would be nice.