Thursday 16 December 2010

xmas spirit..........

Are you in the Christmas groove?????.............I finally feel like I am getting there...........
I know I have had Christmas sewing and the SSCS planning and the tree is up  but you do need a few Christmas parties too...........
Due to all the flooding a few Christmas parties have been cancelled or postponed or the roads were wet and I didn't feel like battling my way to town............a big one for this Saturday has been postponed to next month due to the fact that everyone will be trying to harvest anything they have left or it will be wet or the MOZZIES are so bad we would not enjoy ourselves outside............
Did I tell you it is difficult to find mozzie spray in lots of country NSW towns at the moment............you can't even hang washing on the line without something on.........in town the sandflies will eat you alive......
Anyway I was feeling a bit blah with no parties.............BUT after the kids school concert and yesterday at work I was organising our work Christmas party I feel like I am revving up for Christmas.................yippee..............
%%%%%%%%%
today I am off to finish the Christmas shopping and I even get to make it to the Cottage on the Hill for the Christmas sale for real...........
....how exciting....
.....quite by accident but I will be there while she is having her big sale.....
I showed this little decoration on the Stitch-A-Long blog..........but I forgot to show you it here................it has gone to Margaret as part of the Advent swap presents............It is a stitchery from The Birdhouse Natalie Bird's new book Tis the Season............it is going to be the SAL project for 2011.........but I just had to stitch one up as soon as I got the book...........I love this one..........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS Hope your getting in the Christmas cheer................
OH and only 16 presents for Santa to drop off the sleigh for the SSCS................
HO HO HO HO HO HO HO
PSS and thanks for all the comments on the goanna's..........don't you just love the wild creatures we have around here..........

16 comments:

FIONA said...

Lovely decoration Chooky! I managed to get a copy of "Tis the Season" already so am ready when you are!!! (for the next Stitch A Long). Just need to finish off my Gardeners Journal first!!! I'm getting there!!

Isabella said...

hope you have fun at the sale and spend lots of lovely stitching/Quilting $$$ My "Tis the Season has'nt arrived yet When you posted about the the stitch a long they all went flying away in the mail so Sarah has had to order more in :)

Leah said...

That's a great kind of accident - have fun :)

gracie said...

grab some goodies at the sale...love the Bon Noel....

Cubby House Crafts said...

I will have to get this book...thats such a cute little project! I haven't done any sewing for what seems like ages and am having withdrawals! lol!
Lisa

Love Bears All Things said...

I haven't picked up my GJ in a while but will finish it up after Christmas..I just have to sandwich, quilt and bind it...I ordered the new book and I'll probably do the ornie up...I have a few PIFs to do from early in the Fall...good that I have a year.
Well, one good thing about winter is no mosquitoes...
Mama Bear

Sandi said...

Everything is starting to dry out a bit up here thankfully. It's amazing the difference a few sunny days make. (We'll get the dreaded mould next - very humid here). It is starting to feel like christmas now, all the decs are up - hubby even bought some christmas lights (for around the railway carriage garden).
Oooh the sale sounds fab, have fun and indulge in a little christmas shopping.

Tracy said...

That is a very sweet stitchery. I think I will head off to Kerry's on the weekend too.
Tracy

julieQ said...

OH, fun! Hope you have a great time this season!!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

I think I am finally getting into the mood although I do hate all the shopping at this time of year :-(

szkornelia said...

How sweet! I love it. :)

Margaret said...

Definitely in the mood and my new Christmas decoration is hanging on the wall above my Advent calendar.

Brenda said...

Glad you have the Xmas spirit. I'll get some photo next week of what we have done at work - amazing is all I can say.

Chocolate Cat said...

Apart from the SSCS having to be in the mail I really didn't do anything about Christmas until the 1st Dec this year and am well and truly in the Christmas spirit and loving it! I've kept it simple which helps. A weekend without anything in the diary so cleaning, wrapping and baking while listening to carols is on the agenda!

Susan said...

HI - I was just reading some of your old posts and noticed your comment about sewing the binding together to make the ties for the top for Fairy Girl - lovely pet name by the way - anyway I thought I would mention something I saw a while back - and that was to use fabric glue to hold the binding on a quilt down while you machine down the biding. I am talking about glues that come in a pencil style - and they wash out later on. It won't solve the fiddly bit of making sure the binding doesn't get eaten by the amchine - though there are special feet that can sometimes help with that - but it does save the need for pins - which means you do not have to stop & remove pins and can concentrate on just the machining. They are made by Sewline. And I know this may not have been useful - since it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing - but maybe for future reference.
Susan

Vickie said...

seriously I can relate to the mozzies..itchy nasty pests-I have allergic reactions ot many of the personal repellants amd someone pit me onto an AVON product..if you have access to AVON products..try and get some skin so soft (SSS) bath oil..you only need to rub a little bit on and gee it is wonderful for keeping mozzies & sandflies at bay..
the stitchery is gorgeous,cheers Vickie