Sunday 5 December 2010

Jacaranda's and some garden snaps............

I had a few posts ready for you all from the last 2-3 weeks prior to the flooding..........they are all sitting as draft posts in blogger waiting to show you but then I kept having weather things to show you..............anyway......I am so sick of all that and it is going to get worse before it gets better...........and it is raining again as I type this...............anyway i'll share this post I had prepared as with all the rain there are no more flowers left on the Jacaranda's.....
........so enjoy................
I just love Jacaranda's.............I have lots in my garden and they have been flowering beautifully....all finished now with the rain though................some are about   40-50 years old and others under 10 but I just LOVE them..........messy but gorgeous.............



bouganvilleas, oleanders, plumbago and agapanthus are all flowering or starting to flower well.............being in such a hot dry (usually) climate I have lots of hardy plants that will survive droughts.............




\
aggies............
I brought some manure in and have heaps of these big mushrooms are popping up at the moment.............
bouganvilleas...........




I snapped all these before the rain but wanted to share them with you.............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

16 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love jacaranda trees too. Soooo beautiful. Your garden is lovely.

Miriam said...

Your jacarandas are gorgeous!!! Love the bouganvilleas! Such bright colours! The passionfruit flower is wonderful and I love the rose!

I hope the rain stops soon!!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Donna,

Your garden is beautiful. We share a love of the same plants,tough ones. Enjoy that rain,though it sounds you have had enough. Just wish that big colander was working so we could share some. Have a great Sunday with your family.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Tudy said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It is snowing here.

Unknown said...

Lovely Garden...Gorgeous Colours...TFS.
cheers

gracie said...

Oh how beautiful all the flowers and colors.....thank you for sharing the pictures....staying dry??!! lol

Sharon said...

I love the jacarandas too. Beautiful garden, lots of the same plants i love as well. Hope it all comes through okay with all this rain you are getting.

Margaret said...

Love your Bouganvillias. My husband asked what flower is that when he saw one in a garden and I said " orr its a name up in the hHighlands up North ---- he said Lae Port Moresby now whoever heard of a flower called Port Morsby? " I sighed remembered and said Bouganvillia and he looked at me queer.

retdairyqueen said...

Your garden must be lovely
A mass of colour

Ulla said...

It gives hope of a beautiful time.
Our landscape is totally white if snow.
Wish you a nice sunday
Ulla

Leanne said...

I love passion flowers and the Jacarandas are magnificent here at the moment.

Vicki said...

What a beautiful garden you have Chooky :> I swear I can just about smell that beautiful rose from here! Hope that the rain has slowed down and that you are all okay?

Joolz said...

Stunning pics. I never tire of seeing flowers in bloom. We don't have Jacarandas down our way, they are so pretty! Thanks for the floral tour.

Joolz

Mother Nature is a cruel B#@ch!

jean said...

Chooky, lovely photos, I too love Jacaranda's.
I hope all is well with you, I have been thinking of you wondering how you are surviving the rain ? Best you just keep stitching.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love jacarandas...beautiful...too cold down here for them unfortunately...

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful pictures, thank you so much for sharing! After having -24 degrees it is a pleasure to look at something so fresh and blooming :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana